An Introduction to Air Chathams NZ
Air Chathams is an airline based in ‘Te One’ in the well-known Chatham Island in New Zealand. Founded in 1984, the airline was started to support passengers flying from Chatham Island to New Zealand’s mainland. It is operating flights for people as well as cargo from and to the mainland of New Zealand. Air Chathams Airlines New Zealand also acquired the Kiwi Regional Airlines after the merger in 2016. This airline also earlier had its own subsidiary named – Chathams Pacific. It operated the flights to Tonga until the ceasing operation in 2013.
Air Chathams Fleet
While making Air Chathams bookings, most people seem more interested in knowing the fleet of the airline. As of December 2019, it has a fleet of the following:
- 5 x Convair 580
- 4 x Fairchild Metro III
- 3 x Saab 340
- 1 x Aero Commander 690A
- 1 x Cessna 206
- 1 x ATR 72-500
- 1 x Douglas DC-3
Air Chathams and Baggage Allowance
Before booking for Air Chathams Flight Booking, you must know the baggage allowances of this airlines to avoid unexpected or unnecessary issues later. And they are:
When you have Air Chathams Wanganui bookings, you will only be allowed to carry one item of ‘hand luggage’ with you on the flight. It could be your laptop bag, purse, etc. However, this must not weigh more than 7 kg and should not exceed the total ‘liner dimensions’ of 115cm while combining height, width, and length.
All passengers are allowed to check-in up to 23 kg of luggage. Anything more than 23 kg will be subject to pay excess baggage charges. For that, you can call on the Air Chathams phone number +1-877-311-7484.
Check-In Information You Must Know
Before Chatham Air bookings, you should collect the check-in and related details to have an amazing and relaxing journey. Just have a close look at the following to understand better:
- Check-In Online: Even though we are in the digital epoch, the airline does not offer an online check-in facility to its passengers for some reason. However, passengers might get the same very soon.
- Check-in at the Airport: Since the online check-in facility is not available, it is the only option for passengers. So, they must check-in at their airport to register for the flight. You must visit the right check-in counter at the airport to complete the process. This service opens just 90 minutes from the Air Chathams flight scheduled departure. Kindly check the Air Chathams flight status and your ticket for any other information related to check-in or simply connect with the customer care executive of the airline directly.
Air Chatham Flight and Class Fares
The airline currently has only one cabin class – Economy Class. However, the cabin crew of this airline is considered the best in the entire country for their polite and friendly behavior. Being a short journey flight, you will not get any sort of entertainment in the cabin while flying in Air Chathams flights.
Destinations Covered by Air Chathams Flights
When you know the destinations that are covered by the flight, it becomes more than easier for you to decide whether it can take you to your dream destination or not! And when it comes to Chathams Air, it covers the following domestic destinations at the moment:
|Name of the Country||Name of the city||Name of the Airport||IATA|
|New Zealand||Wellington||Wellington Airport||WLG|
|New Zealand||Chatham Island||Chatham Islands / Tuuta Airport (HUB Airport)||CHT|
|New Zealand||Whanganui||Whanganui Airport||WAG|
|New Zealand||Christchurch||Christchurch Airport||CHC|
|New Zealand||Napier||Hawkes Bay Airport||NPE|
|New Zealand||Auckland||Auckland Airport||AKL|
|New Zealand||Kapiti Coast||Kapiti Coast Airport||PPQ|
|New Zealand||Gisborne||Gisborne Airport||GIS|
|New Zealand||Pitt Island||Pitt Island Airport (On-Demand)||–|
Currently, this flight only covers one international destination which is Australia. For this country, the name of the city and the airport are Norfolk Island and Norfolk Island Airport, and NLK is the IATA for this flight. So, with this information, you can easily do Air Chathams Flight booking online via visit Reservationsnumber.org and find some great deals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about Air Chathams and its services have been answered here:
Well, booking a flight ticket for Air Chathams is quite easy. You can do it online by keeping the following methods in mind:
– Browse through the official website of Air Chathams
– On the homepage, you will find the options – to book your flight, flights + hotels, hotels, cars, cruises
– Click on the ‘flight’ option if you only want to book a flight ticket or click on the ‘flights + hotels’ options to grab some amazing deals
– Alternatively, you can simply click on the ‘Book’ option to select your preferred option manually
– When you choose your option, you will be redirected to the ‘Sign in’ page
– Use your credentials i.e. login ID and password to sign in or create an account to make your reservations for your desired destination. On every booking, you may get some points that you can redeem later or if you already have such points you can redeem them while booking
– With this account, you can also check the Air Chathams flight status, change your bookings, and even customize it online
Well, all passengers are provided with in-flight snacks and drinks once the flight has taken off. For details, you can check with the customer support of the airline.
No! Currently, Air Chathams does not have any Wi-Fi or internet service for its passengers.
No! This airline does not have any frequent flyer programs to offer.
Auckland Airport is the hub airport for this airline as it has an operating base here. It is considered the busiest and largest airport in New Zealand. In addition to Air Chathams, other airlines that fly out from here include Air New Zealand, Jetstar, AirCalin, and Virgin Australia.
Submit your review