Carry On Baggage Policy & Fees
Alaska Airlines have reduced the size limit for carry-on baggage to avoid the conflicts that arise due to bag size between the travelers and also to match the industry standard. Because of the reduced size dimensions, A passengers will now be able to accumulate more carry-on bags in the overhead bins.
- Previously the size dimension of Alaska Airlines carry-on baggage was 24″×17″×10,” and as of June 2018 it has changed to 22″×14″×9″. With the help of Alaska Airlines bag sizers, passengers can measure the dimensions of their bag in advance.
- Alaska Airlines carry-on baggage grant voyageurs to carry one personal item and one carry-on bag.
- Alaska Air doesn’t accept any bags that are larger than 45 linear inches.
Checked Baggage Policy & Fees
- Alaska Airlines has made changes in the standard baggage allowances as of December 2018. For the first bag, you’ll now have to pay $30.00. For the second bag, the charge is $40.00, whereas $100.00 will be charged for the third and any additional bags and so on.
- All the above-mentioned fee are for the bags that measure up to 50 lbs, having an utmost dimension of 62 inches.
Note: No amount will be charged for the first, second, and third bags if you’re traveling within the state of Alaska.
- Oversize baggage fees: Alaska Airlines will be charging an extra $100.00 US if the size limit of your bag exceeds from 63 to 115 linear. Apart from that, no bags will be accepted that are larger than 115 linear inches/292 centimeters.
- Overweight baggage fees: If any bags are heavier than 46 kilograms or exceed 100 pounds then an extra fee of $100.00 will be charged.
Alaska Airlines accept the checked bags before 4 hours to minimum 1 hour before the departure of the flight. It is essential that you keep in mind that Alaska Air won’t be able to accept any of your baggage’s other than the mentioned times.
Submit your review
I booked my flight tickets with alaska airlines as i have a good experience with them but this time. I was planning a little longer trip so, i had to carry some baggages along and i was not sure about the baggage allowance policy of alaska airlines. I had booked my tickets through the official website of alaska airlines so, i visited the site again to check for the baggage policy and plan accordingly. It was not that difficult to find the baggage policy, i reached the page of alaska airlines baggage policy and read each and every written detail. The details mentioned on the website were accurate and helped me a lot to do my packing accordingly, i got lucky to be saved from the extra baggage charges. Alaska airlines is a good airlines according to me, they maintain proper transparency with the customers and you will feel satisfied with their service and facilities offerings.
I had a flight with alaska airlines so, i was preparing with all my stuffs and clothes to pack. But before that, i wanted to know the baggage policies of alaska airlines to do packing accordingly and avoid any extra baggage charge. i googled for the helpdesk number of alaska airlines and gave them a call. My call was not picked up by the alaska airlines staff members and i was really disappointed with them. Then, i opened the official app of alaska airlines on my mobile phone and searched for their baggage policy to be ready in advance. Fortunately, the baggage policy of american airlines was described in the mobile app and i read all the details to avoid any extra baggage charge. In the end, i got what i wanted to know but i was disappointed due to no call response.
there is something weird about alaska airlines baggage policy. 2weeks before i was in paris and when u are in paris you shop like crazy, there was a unique shop in the streets of paris in which you can create a perfume of your own choice and name it after whatever you want. i bought a perfume for my mom but guess what i never made it past security check.i am just disappointed and confused. mostly disappointed.