Carry On Baggage Policy & Fees
Alaska Airlines have reduced the size limit for carry-on baggage to avoid the conflicts that arise due to bag size between the travelers and also to match the industry standard. Because of the reduced size dimensions, A passengers will now be able to accumulate more carry-on bags in the overhead bins.
- Previously the size dimension of Alaska Airlines carry-on baggage was 24″×17″×10,” and as of June 2018 it has changed to 22″×14″×9″. With the help of Alaska Airlines bag sizers, passengers can measure the dimensions of their bag in advance.
- Alaska Airlines carry-on baggage grant voyageurs to carry one personal item and one carry-on bag.
- Alaska Air doesn’t accept any bags that are larger than 45 linear inches.
Checked Baggage Policy & Fees
- Alaska Airlines has made changes in the standard baggage allowances as of December 2018. For the first bag, you’ll now have to pay $30.00. For the second bag, the charge is $40.00, whereas $100.00 will be charged for the third and any additional bags and so on.
- All the above-mentioned fee are for the bags that measure up to 50 lbs, having an utmost dimension of 62 inches.
Note: No amount will be charged for the first, second, and third bags if you’re traveling within the state of Alaska.
- Oversize baggage fees: Alaska Airlines will be charging an extra $100.00 US if the size limit of your bag exceeds from 63 to 115 linear. Apart from that, no bags will be accepted that are larger than 115 linear inches/292 centimeters.
- Overweight baggage fees: If any bags are heavier than 46 kilograms or exceed 100 pounds then an extra fee of $100.00 will be charged.
Alaska Airlines accept the checked bags before 4 hours to minimum 1 hour before the departure of the flight. It is essential that you keep in mind that Alaska Air won’t be able to accept any of your baggage’s other than the mentioned times.
Submit your review