When you fly with Turkish Airlines, you enter a world of exceptional services and get familiar with its norms. A plethora of world-class services makes this airline a fan favorite across the globe, while adaptable policies assure safe and trouble-free travel. The baggage policy and allowance are some benefits of flying with them. Let’s have a look at the Turkish Airlines baggage policy for both domestic and international flights:
- All the checked baggage needs to go through the Turkish Airlines checked baggage points. When checked luggage arrives at the checkpoint, the airline takes possession and issues each item with a baggage tag for appropriate identification.
- The Turkish baggage rule states that the checked baggage will be transported on the same plane as the passengers. However, on some occasions, the traveler’s checked baggage may be transported on the next available flight based on the available capacity of the flight.
- In the passenger’s luggage that has no initials, names, or other personal information, the checked baggage may be traced through the Turkish Airlines lost baggage site.
- As per the Turkish Airlines carry-on policy, any carry-on items exceeding the weight or size specified on the ticket will not be accepted under the seat in front of the passengers or in the overhead storage bin.
- Due to an overabundance of checked luggage, the airline will charge extra baggage costs. The Turkish Airlines baggage allowance varies based on the ticket class and level of service chosen.
- The airline offers two free checked bags depending on the fare category and destination. Any luggage beyond the free allowance will incur the Turkish baggage allowance.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance
The airline permits travelers to carry free luggage allowances based on their price category, flight itineraries, and other variables. Consider reading the following to see whether your fare category qualifies for a free baggage allowance.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance for Carry-on Baggage
Passengers wishing to travel with free luggage must adhere to the conditions outlined in the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance regulation. The Turkish Airlines baggage policy states that the airline will not accept carry-on baggage that exceeds the Turkish Airlines baggage size limit will not be permitted in the cabin.
- Your cabin luggage must fit under the seat, weigh less than 8 kg, and not exceed 23 cm × 40 cm × 55 cm in size. Cabin luggage must be within the size and weight specified on your scheduled ticket.
- Scents, sprays, and medicinal treatments that are not forbidden must be packaged and transported in containers no bigger than 100 ml. Larger than 100 mL containers are not permitted in cabins.
- The Turkish Airlines baggage rules for carry-on items specify a shaving kit, together with other skin-care goods such as a make-up kit should be carried in a clear bag.
- As per the Turkish Airlines carry-on policy, passengers traveling with an infant or toddler are excused from paying any additional fees for carrying baby food packets.
- The Turkish Airlines international baggage allowance rule specifies that respiratory device equipment will not attract additional charges depending on various circumstances.
- Carry-on goods that meet the Turkish Airlines carry-on size restriction are permitted in the cabin. Sporting equipment may be transported on board as long as it is packed in approved bags and maintains the Turkish Airlines carry-on size restriction.
- As per the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, Infant strollers no higher than 115 cm are permitted in the cabin at no additional charge. The carry-on bag should not be heavier than 17.6lb (8 kg).
Turkish Airlines Baggage Limit
Passengers are permitted to bring up to two carry-on bags as well as the same number of checked bags for free, depending on the ticket category and fare class. When you exceed the Turkish Airlines baggage limit, you will be charged according to the terms of the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance law.
Turkish Airlines Carry-on Size Limit Based on Fare Category
- Passengers on Economy fares are permitted to bring one bag as carry-on luggage. The dimensions of carry-on luggage must be 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm (length x width x height).
- The Turkish Airlines carry-on size limit for Business class passengers is set to 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm (length x width x height). When the restriction exceeds the permitted size limit, the airline will refuse to accept such bags as carry-on baggage. It must be transferred as checked luggage by following the clauses of the Turkish Airlines baggage policy.
- Passengers traveling with a baby under the age of two are permitted to bring one cabin bag as carry-on baggage; however, the dimensions must be within 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm (length x width x height). As per the Turkish Airlines carry-on baggage policy, passengers traveling with babies under the age of two must alert authorities ahead of time.
Turkish Airlines Carry-on Weight Limit for Passengers Traveling with Economy and Business Class
- Passengers on Economy fares are permitted to bring one cabin bag weighing no more than 17.6lb or 8 kg free of charge.
- Business-class travelers, on the other hand, are permitted to bring two bags at no extra cost. The combined weight of both bags must be less than the Turkish Airlines carry-on weight restriction. Each bag must weigh no more than 17.6lb or 8 kg.
- Turkish Airlines permits one cabin bag for travelers flying with lap babies (less than two years). The carry-on bag should not weigh more than 17.6lb or 8 kg. All the baggage that exceeds the Turkish Airlines baggage limit will attract baggage allowance based on fare category, requesting method, bag weight and size, and a variety of other considerations.
|Ticket types||Piece limit||Weight Limit||Size Limit|
|Business Class||Two||17.6lb or 8 kg||55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm or 21.6 x 15.7 x 9in|
|Economy Class||One||17.6lb or 8 kg||55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm or 21.6 x 15.7 x 9in|
|Child under the age of two||One||17.6lb or 8 kg||55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm or 21.6 x 15.7 x 9in|
Notes to remember:
- The cabin luggage for passengers must fit under the front seat.
- The carry-on bag must weigh no more than 8 kg and measure no more than 23 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm.
- Cabin baggage must adhere to the size and weight restrictions specified on your ticket.
- The Turkish Airlines carry-on baggage policy states that
- Non-prohibited items like scents, sprays, and medicinal medicines must be packaged and transported in containers no bigger than 100 ml.
- Sporting equipment may be brought on board as long as it is packed in permitted bags and does not exceed the Turkish Airlines carry-on size limit.
- For free carry-on luggage, there is no need to pay the Turkish Airlines carry-on baggage allowance.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Weight and Dimension of Personal Item
According to the Turkish Airlines carry-on personal item provision, travelers are permitted to bring one personal item free of charge. The fees will be waived on all types of tickets for personal items. To transport personal items on board, the dimensions must fall within the ranges shown in the table(the Turkish Airlines carry-on luggage dimensions):
|Item||Turkish Airlines carry-on size Dimension|
|Hand Bag||40 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm or 15.7 x 11.8 x 5.9in|
|Camera||40 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm or 15.7 x 11.8 x 5.9in|
|Tablet or Laptop||40 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm or 15.7 x 11.8 x 5.9in|
|Light stroller||70 cm x 30 cm or 27.5 x 11.8in|
|Full-size stroller||40 cm x 40 cm or 15.7 x 15.7in|
|Umbrella (which is pointless)||90 cm or 35.4in|
Turkish Airlines Checked Baggage Size Restrictions
Passengers in the Economy and Business classes are permitted to check two bags within the Turkish Airlines checked baggage dimensions. The checked baggage must be no larger than 158 cm or 62in (length x width x height). If the aircraft exceeds the permissible Turkish Airlines baggage dimensions, the airline will refuse to accept the checked baggage. After knowing about the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, you must pay a luggage allowance in such instances. Passengers traveling with a baby under the age of two are permitted to bring one folding stroller or pushchair for free. The passengers traveling with newborns must alert authorities ahead of time. To process checked luggage at the counter, Turkish Airlines checked baggage size regulations must be carefully respected.
Turkish Airlines Weight Restrictions for Checked Baggage (to or from the US and Canada)
Passengers on Economy fares are allowed to carry two bags weighing 23 kg each, free of charge. Passengers who want to carry more will have to pay a baggage allowance depending on size and weight limits. The Turkish Airlines baggage allowance for economy class is computed when the bag’s weight and overall dimensions, including the wheel, exceed the free baggage limit.
Business-class passengers are able to carry two bags at no additional charge. The aggregate weight of both baggage must be less than 64 kg. According to baggage policy, travelers’ checked luggage must weigh less than 32 kg per bag; if the weight exceeds the authorized free baggage limit, the passenger must pay Turkish Airlines additional baggage costs.
Passengers traveling with lap infants (under two years old) are permitted to bring one suitcase weighing up to 23 kg. All luggage that exceeds the Turkish Airlines baggage limit will be subject to baggage allowance depending on price type, mode of request, bag weight and size, and a range of other factors.
|Travel Class||Baggage Weight Limit||Baggage Size Limit|
|Business Class||66lb or 30 kg||158 cm or 62in|
|Economy Class||Baggage Weight Limit||Baggage Size Limit|
|EcoFly||33lb or 15 kg||158 cm or 62in|
|ExtraFly||44lb or 20 kg||158 cm or 62in|
|PrimeFly||55lb or 25 kg||158 cm or 62in|
|Promotional Deals||33lb or 15 kg||158 cm or 62in|
Turkish Airlines Baggage Weight International
Turkish Airlines checked baggage policy enables passengers to check up to two bags for free, depending on the class of travel and location. The airline enables travelers to bring three bags free of charge on select routes. When the free checked luggage limit is met, Turkish Airlines will charge checked baggage costs.
The Turkish Airlines baggage allowance varies depending on the ticket class and level of service selected. Kindly keep in mind that checked luggage that exceeds the Turkish Airlines baggage size and weight restrictions will not be accepted and will have to be carried as cargo. Continue reading with the buttons below to learn more Turkish Airlines baggage rules:
- Passengers flying to a nation that accepts the piece system may bring two bags weighing a total of 46 kilograms on Economy Class tickets.
- The Turkish Airlines baggage rules specify that passengers flying in Business Class are permitted to bring two checked bags weighing no more than 70lb (32 kg) each.
- Passengers traveling with lap babies (children under the age of two) are allowed to bring one luggage weighing up to 20 kg total, as well as a foldable stroller or pushchair.
- To carry more contact the officials through the customer service number +1-877-311-7484 and pay Turkish Airlines baggage fees along with other applicable charges.
Turkish Airlines Business Class Baggage Allowance
The Turkish Airlines business class baggage allowance will be computed using the following factors: Bag count, bag weight, and departure airport. As per the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, passengers flying in Business Class are permitted to bring two checked bags weighing no more than 70lb (32 kg) each. To carry more, purchase additional baggage at least one to two days before the scheduled departure. This step will help you save money on hefty baggage charges.
|Travel Class||Baggage Piece Limit||Baggage Weight Limit|
|Business Class||2 bags||70lb or 32 kg each|
|Economy Class||2 bags||50lb or 23 kg each|
|All Classes—Infants||1 bag + 1 collapsible stroller (≤ 115 cm)||50lb or 23 kg|
|Travel Class||Baggage Weight Limit|
|Business Class||66lb or 30 kg|
|Economy Class||44lb or 20 kg|
|All Classes—Infants||22lb or 10 kg + 1 collapsible stroller (≤ 115 cm)|
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance for Checked Baggage
Simply organize your bags in accordance with the Turkish Airlines baggage requirements to protect your travel plans and money against last-minute delays and disappointments. Knowing the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance protects your trip plans from costly last-minute baggage fees while also saving you time from long lineups. Consider the following to learn more about baggage laws and allowances:
- The Turkish Airlines baggage policy specifies that prohibited goods must be reported at the counter and are not permitted in the main cabin.
- Passengers must adhere to the checked luggage weight limits specified in the Turkish Airlines baggage weight chart. Overweight and excess luggage will be subject to the Turkish Airlines extra baggage fees, which are determined by fare category, requesting method, bag weight and size, and a variety of other considerations.
- You will require paying the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance for checked baggage that exceeds the free baggage limits.
- Passengers must fill out the Turkish Airlines lost baggage claim form if their luggage is misplaced during the trip. If the airline fails to deliver your luggage on schedule, you will be compensated.
- Passengers going to or from the US and Canada may check the following number of bags:
- Passengers with Economy tickets are allowed to carry two checked baggage.
- Travelers with Business fare tickets, on the other hand, are able to carry two checked bags.
- Passengers traveling with infants are permitted to check one piece of baggage for free. Passengers who purchase the same ticket may travel one folding stroller or pushchair for free.
- When the free baggage limit exceeds, the Turkish Airlines extra baggage price will be levied to passenger accounts. Passengers must pay Turkish Airlines checked baggage allowance based on the kind of ticket they possess and the place to which they travel.
- Passengers traveling International flights operating on a weight system can carry 20 kg of checked baggage with Economy tickets, according to the Turkish Airlines baggage policy. The total weight of both bags needs to be 40 kg baggage as stated by Turkish Airlines.
- Travelers holding Business class tickets can carry two checked baggage with a weight of 30 kg per checked baggage. Passengers traveling with babies may check one folding stroller or pushchair for free. The weight of the stroller needs to be within 10 kg in total.
- Pay the Turkish Airlines international excess baggage fees to carry extra bags after the free limit has been reached. On international flights using the piece system, overweight baggage penalties are USD 80 per bag weighing 50lb to 70lb or 23 kg to 32 kg if the maximum free luggage is set to 50lb or 23 kg per piece. The Turkish Airlines excess baggage costs vary from USD 160 to USD 290 per bag for the first two additional bags to USD 185 to USD 350 per bag for three or more extra bags as Turkish Airlines checked baggage fees.
- Members of the Turkish Airlines frequent flyer program with the Elite or Elite Plus level may check-in additional luggage to their scheduled trolley. Members of the Classic Plus program are allowed to carry an extra 22lb (10 kg). Elite Extra members may take an additional 44lb, 20 kg, or 1 extra bag depending on the location. Elite Plus members may carry an additional 55lb, 25 kilograms, or 1 extra bag where the piece system is applied.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Fees
The Turkish Airlines baggage policy says that passengers who are willing to carry extra luggage will have to pay excess baggage allowance as mentioned below. Before proceeding, keep in mind that you do not need to pay Turkish Airlines baggage fees for allocated baggage. You do not have to pay Turkish Airlines baggage extra fees if you are carrying only the amount of luggage allowed.
Turkish Airlines Extra Baggage Fees for Domestic Flights
The cost for carrying an extra bag on domestic flights is TRY 12 or USD 1.50 per kg on direct domestic flights and TRY 18 or USD 2.20 for each extra kilogram on connecting domestic flights. The Turkish Airlines Domestic Baggage System differs somewhat from the usual allotment. To understand the depth of the Turkish Airlines extra baggage fee considers going through the following points:
|Flight types||Turkish Airlines baggage fees|
|Direct Flights||TRY 12 or USD 1.50 per kg|
|Connecting Flights||TRY 18 or USD 2.20 for each extra kilogram|
Turkish Airlines International Baggage Allowance
Carrying an extra bag on an overseas flight costs between USD 1.50 and USD 36 per kilogram for the weight system, with the airline charging up to USD 350 for each additional bag for the piece system. To find out the exact amount of the Turkish Airlines international excess baggage fees, see the table below:
|Flights Between||Region 1||Region 2||Region 3||Region 4||Region 5|
|Turkey||USD 4.60||USD 7||USD 9||USD 12.50||USD 18|
|Region 1||USD 9||USD 11.50||USD 13.50||USD 17||USD 22.50|
|Region 2||USD 11.50||USD 13.50||USD 16||USD 19.50||USD 25|
|Region 3||USD 13.50||USD 16||USD 18||USD 21.50||USD 27|
|Region 4||USD 17||USD 19.50||USD 23.50||USD 25||USD 30.50|
|Region 5||USD 22.50||USD 25||USD 27||USD 30.50||USD 36|
|Between Piece System Destination and||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd Bag|
|Turkey||USD 160||USD 160||USD 185|
|Zone 1||USD 190||USD 190||USD 230|
|Zone 2||USD 195||USD 195||USD 235|
|Zone 3||USD 200||USD 200||USD 240|
|Zone 4||USD 220||USD 220||USD 265|
|Zone 5||USD 250||USD 250||USD 300|
|Other Region||USD 290||USD 290||USD 350|
Turkish Airlines Baggage Fees on Stopover Flights departing Outside Turkey
|Between||Turkey||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Zone 5||Other Piece Region|
|Turkey||USD 10||USD 40||USD 45||USD 50||USD 55||USD 65||USD 130|
Turkish Airlines Checked Baggage Cost for Miles&Smiles Members
The Turkish Airlines baggage policy states that Miles&Smiles members can carry additional baggage depending on fare tier. For detailed information continue with the following table:
|Membership Tier||Baggage Weight Limit|
|Classic Plus||22lb or 10 kg|
|Elite Extra piece system||One additional bag|
|Elite Extra weight system||44lb or 20 kg|
|Elite Plus piece system||One additional bag|
|Elite Plus weight system||55lb or 25 kg|
Note: To get more information about the extra baggage fee for Turkish Airlines, you can communicate with officials or use the Turkish Airlines baggage calculator. If you exceed the baggage allowance, you must pay Turkish Airlines Excess Baggage Fees, which vary depending on your class of service and destination.
Turkish Airlines Liquid in Checked Baggage
Turkish Airlines allows liquids in checked luggage, but only up to 5 liters. The liquid container must be packaged in one-liter packaging no larger than one liter. However, liquids must meet airline standards. Passengers are not permitted to bring forbidden liquids on board.
Provision for Delayed or Misplaced Luggage
There is no need to be concerned in such cases if your baggage is lost or delayed due to the airline’s deliberately or innocently behavior. Simply call the Turkish Airlines baggage claim phone number or go to the Turkish Airlines lost baggage claim counter to file a complaint about the situation. To claim your Turkish Airlines compensation for delayed baggage, include all relevant information such as departure terminal number, bag tag ID, passenger initials, and other essential information. You will also be compensated for damaged luggage if you inform authorities through the Turkish Airlines damaged baggage contact number.
- To get Turkish Airlines delayed baggage compensation, always notify the appropriate team and airline within 24 hours of the event.
- You will obtain remuneration in monetary or non-monetary form depending on numerous aspects.
Ways to Purchase Additional Checked Baggage
The Turkish Airlines baggage policy specifies that depending on the pricing category and destination, two free checked bags are offered. Any luggage that exceeds the free baggage limits will be charged the Turkish baggage allowance. It should be reminded that checked luggage that exceeds the Turkish Airlines maximum baggage dimensions is not authorized. Following the determination of the aforementioned points, you may buy extra checked luggage in the following manner:
- Mobile App
Steps to purchase additional baggage online
- Launch the official mobile app or browse the official website.
- Complete the user authentication process.
- Visit the manage booking page.
- Use the booking information to find the trip.
- Select the trip.
- Follow on-screen commands and purchase additional baggage as per your requirement.
- Pay Turkish Airlines baggage fees through credit card or other available methods.
- Once the payment is made, you will secure baggage information through the email address.
- Airport Counter
Steps to purchase additional baggage offline
- Visit the counter or record your presence at the kiosk to avoid the heat of lengthy queues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions or contact an assigned agent to buy extra luggage if needed.
- Pay your Turkish Airlines baggage allowance using a credit card or another acceptable means.
- Once the payment is done, you will get baggage information in the printed form.
You must pay service costs as well as Turkish Airlines baggage fees if you pick the offline option. The Turkish Airlines checked baggage cost would be somewhat more than the cost of checked baggage when booking online.
- The procedures described above are officially recognized and simple to implement. Additional luggage may be purchased in addition to the ways indicated.
- To save on Turkish Airlines baggage fees, always purchase baggage at the time of reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions Associated with Turkish Airlines Baggage Policy, Allowance & Fees
Submit your review