Aer Lingus is Ireland’s national carrier. This Irish airline is well-known for offering excellent in-flight amenities at a reasonable price, as well as for its great policies. The airline has established unparalleled passenger-friendly policies. The most well-known of them is the Aer Lingus cancellation policy, which allows travelers more flexibility while flying. Continue reading to discover more about the airline cancellation rules.
Major Notes about the Aer Lingus Cancellation Rules
We have put up a concise overview of the Aer Lingus cancellation policy. It will be handy if you are planning or have already booked an Aer Lingus flight. Go over the following points to acquire a quick knowledge of the Aer Lingus cancellation rules:
- The Aer Lingus cancellation policy applies to tickets purchased through authorized outlets and sites.
- Passengers who cancel their reservation within 24 hours of it being made are not charged any cancellation fees. The ticket must be purchased at least seven or more days before departure to be eligible for free cancellation.
- The Aer Lingus cancellation policy states that all reservations are non-transferable. If you booked the flight and desired to transfer it to another individual, the entire ticket value will be counted as cancellation costs.
- If a cancellation request is made after the aircraft has taken off, Aer Lingus will charge the full ticket price as cancellation fees.
- Passengers who have purchased discounted or promotional tickets are not authorized to cancel their trip.
- The cancellation request can only be made through the approved channels. Passengers who acquired tickets through third-party intermediaries will be required to pay the full ticket fare as Aer Lingus cancellation fees.
- The Aer Lingus cancellation policy states that if a flight is canceled for any of the following reasons, the airline shall provide a full refund:
- Local rules (If national security agencies mention it)
- Government law
- Natural calamities
- Functional failure
- The Aer Lingus cancellation facility is available till the day of departure. However, you should contact officials because this law is entirely dependent on airline regulations.
Aer Lingus 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- The airline offers a risk-free 24-hour window in which you can cancel your flight for free.
- To make a free cancellation, you must have a valid ticket with you and implement cancellation within the timeframe specified in the Aer Lingus ticket cancellation policy.
- Even if you have a non-refundable or basic ticket, you are eligible for a full refund under the Aer Lingus 24 hour cancellation policy.
Note: Passengers who have purchased a third-party ticket are not entitled to a full refund. The cancellation policy does not apply to their reservations.
Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy Due To Illness
The airline realizes that no one wants to cancel their flight but there are some circumstances beyond anyone’s control. For such scenarios, the airline has crafted its flight cancellation policy. Examine the information underneath to have a better understanding of Aer Lingus cancellation policy due to illness. It will assist you in the event of a last-minute cancellation due to a medical emergency.
- To claim a refund, the traveler must complete the Aer Lingus flight cancelled refund form within the time frame specified.
- The airline will handle cancellation requests (due to sickness) in accordance with the Aer Lingus cancelled flights compensation policy. It will assist travelers in obtaining a complete refund as well as other gratis services for free.
- The passenger will need to pay full fare as cancellation fees if they bought a ticket from third-party agents.
Aer Lingus Refund Policy
When a passenger fails to cancel planned tickets within 24 hours after purchase, they must follow a set of procedures devised by Aer Lingus to receive a refund. Keep an eye on outlined points to have an idea about the Aer Lingus refund policy:
- The passenger must have a valid ticket with them while filling the Aer Lingus flight cancellation form.
- To get a refund, the passenger needs to cancel their scheduled journey within the allotted period.
- The passenger will receive travel vouchers and some compensation benefits for the flight canceled or delayed by Aer Lingus.
- Passengers who cancel their reservations during the risk-free period will not need to pay Aer Lingus booking cancellation charges. To be eligible for free cancellation, the ticket must be purchased at least seven days before departure.
- According to the Aer Lingus cancelled flights compensation regulation, the passenger must submit their original ticket through the approved channels to get a refund.
- The Aer Lingus cancellation policy states that all bookings are non-transferable.
- Passengers who request a cancellation after the plane has taken off will be charged the entire ticket price as a no-show fee. They will not get any money as a refund.
- Passengers with promotional tickets are not permitted to cancel under the Aer Lingus ticket cancellation policy. As a result, even if the traveler cancels the ticket during the risk-free time, they will not receive a refund.
- To be eligible for a refund, the traveler must contact the airline in advance by completing the Aer Lingus flight cancelled refund form and providing medical certificates.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancellations Rule for Different Fare Types
When you fail to cancel within the allotted period (24 hours of booking), you will need to pay a specific amount as Aer Lingus flight cancellation fees based on your fare types. To know about the Aer Lingus cancellation charges mark a presence on the following notes:
Saver or Smartfares
- The passenger with Saver or Smart Fares tickets can make free change within 24 hours of booking.
- Aer Lingus will charge full ticket fare as cancellation fees once the risk-free period ends.
- According to the Aer Lingus cancellation policy, passengers cannot seek flight cancellations on the day of departure.
Advantage, AeroSpace or Flex Fare
- The passengers who love flexibility always go with the Advantage, AeroSpace, and Flex fare tickets.
- The passenger will get a full refund if a flight is successfully canceled within the allotted time. Passengers with Advantage, AeroSpace, or Flex Fare tickets can cancel their reservation up to two hours before departure.
- Following the Aer Lingus cancelation policy, passengers wishing to upgrade their seats to Advantage, AeroSpace, or Flex Fare tickets will need to pay fare difference and administration fees.
- The passenger with Business fare tickets will need to pay administration for gaining a refund.
- According to the Aer Lingus refund policy, a cancellation request will only be considered provided the traveler has paid all necessary taxes.
- Passengers with Business fare tickets have the option to cancel their booked flight at any time before departure. In addition, if the initial booking is upgraded, the passenger needs to pay the cost difference for a refund.
Business Flex Fare
- The passenger with Business Flex Fare ticket will get travel vouchers as Aer Lingus cancelled flights compensation if the flight is canceled for the following reasons:
- Government law
- Natural calamities
- Functional failure
- As per the Aer Lingus cancellation policy, the passenger with a Business Flex Fare ticket does need to pay cancellation fees even if they cancel their ticket outside the risk-free period.
How to Cancel Aer Lingus Flight?
There are numerous ways available to cancel Aer Lingus flights. The airline to safeguard passenger interest and comfort offer Aer Lingus cancellations service in both ways (online and offline). Passengers can select one of the convenient options and initiate cancellation on their own.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancellations through the Official Website
- Browse the Aer Lingus official website.
- Look for the login tab on the website homepage.
- Select the login tab.
- Enter registered email address and password.
- Tap on the login tab to accomplish the account authentication process.
- Select my booking option.
- The system will take you to a booking page.
- On the same page, use your booking code with the passenger’s family name to find your trip.
- Select the trip.
- Tap on the cancel tab.
- Select the reason for cancellation.
- Relook the entire phase.
- Sumit the Aer Lingus flight cancellation request by tapping on the confirm tab.
- The system will start the cancellation fees calculation process. You do not need to pay any additional fees as they will be auto-adjusted in your refund value.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancellations over the Phone
- Communicate with the officials through the customer service number +1-877-311-7484.
- Select the language and reason for the call.
- Connect with the officials.
- Ask them to cancel your reservation.
- To fill the Aer Lingus flight cancellation form, you need to share the booking code with the passenger name.
- The agent will collect the shared information and fill the cancellation form on your behalf.
- While calculating your refund value, the agent will explain each aspect of the Aer Lingus cancellation policy.
- You will need to pay administration fees as you go with the offline method.
- Pay the additional charges and get a confirmation mail on your registered ID.
Aer Lingus Flight Cancellations at the Airport Counter or Sales Office
- Visit the nearest airport or Aer Lingus sales office.
- Be at the help desk counter.
- Ask for a cancellation form.
- Fill the Aer Lingus Cancellation form mentioning the passenger’s last name and booking code.
- Submit the form at the counter.
- The agent will follow the Aer Lingus cancellation policy and initiate the cancellation process on your behalf.
- Pay service fees.
- The agent will inform you about the refund value.
- The refund value will be calculated after deducting Aer Lingus cancellation charges from the total airfare.
- Once cancellation is accepted by the airline you will get a confirmation mail on your registered email address.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy
Yes. You can cancel a flight by paying cancellation charges. Before paying cancellation charges, you must review the Aer Lingus cancellation policy thoroughly.
Aer Lingus flight cancellations can be done in multiple ways. If you wish to cancel a ticket online then you need to mark your presence on the official website or mobile app.
To cancel the Aer Lingus flight ticket online, you need to choose the mode (website or mobile app), complete the sign-in process, mark a presence at the manage booking section, enter booking code and last name, choose the cancel option, select the reason, and confirm the cancellation by submitting the request.
Yes. You will get a refund on Aer Lingus flights. To do so, you must submit a cancellation request within the time frame specified.
The airline will issue a refund between seven to thirty days. For further information, contact authorities.
Submit your review
The cancellation policy is user-friendly the refund amount will be transferred within 7 business days but the seats are not comfortable and the legroom does not have ample space. The food quality is also standard not so delicious.