Made a reservation in Aeromexico? However, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are forced to cancel your trip. Keep the stress related to cancellation aside as the Aeromexico cancellation policy is designed to offer unending benefits to travelers.
No one wishes to cancel the trip but some situations are not in your control. If you wish to cancel your Aeromexico air ticket then you are fortunate as this guide will help you understand the cancellation policy and, thus, cancel the trip without burning a hole in your pocket.
A Guide to Aeromexico Cancellation Policy
- The airline does not impose a cancellation fee when the traveler canceled the flight for the following reasons:
- If the passenger has a health issue.
- Bereavement of the immediate family member.
- Judiciary act.
- Military orders.
- Government statement.
- Deprivation of valid travel documents.
- Legality Expire of Passport or Visa.
- Under Aeromexico Cancellation Policy, the airline offers a twenty-four hours window, in which a passenger can make necessary changes or cancel the ticket without paying cancellation fees.
- Tickets reserved directly from Aeromexico are only qualified for a refund. If you booked a seat on an Aeromexico flight from a third party agent then you are not eligible for a refund.
- After the risk-free period, all the ticket types are treated as non-refundable tickets except Flexible fare and Premier fare ticket.
- The passenger with Flexible fare and Premier fare ticket does not require to pay cancellation fees.
- According to the Aeromexico cancellation policy, the passenger with the Basic fare ticket, Classic fare ticket, AM+ fare ticket and Comfort fare ticket does not qualify for securing a refund.
- The airline will charge No show fee on the passenger who fails to board in the flight in stipulated time fare.
- If you are not canceling tickets in the time designated by the airline then the airline will charge total ticket fare as cancellation fees.
What is the Aeromexico cancellation policy for the Voluntary and nonvoluntary ticket cancellation?
Voluntary ticket cancellation
- Full refund till 24 hours of booking.
- After 24 hours of booking, no refund if booked a Basic fare ticket, Classic fare ticket, AM+ fare ticket, and Comfort fare ticket.
- Full refund to a passenger traveling with the Flexible fare and Premier fare ticket.
- No refund if the ticket is canceled on the departure date.
- Need to pay a cancellation fee if you are traveling with a non-refundable ticket.
Nonvoluntary ticket cancellation
1- Full refund if the flight canceled by the Aeromexico for the following reasons:
- Technical Issue.
- An issue associated with crew staff.
- And many other corporate factors.
2- The refund is not mandatory for the following specified reasons:-
- Heavy rain.
- Climatic disorders.
Which passenger accumulates a refund under the Voluntary ticket cancellation and Nonvoluntary ticket cancellation?
According to the Aeromexico Flight Cancellation policy, the main difference between the Voluntary ticket cancellation and Nonvoluntary ticket cancellation is that:
1- In Voluntary ticket cancellation, the passenger with Flexible fare and Premier fare ticket receive a refund. Whereas a passenger with Basic fare ticket, Classic fare ticket, AM+ fare ticket, and Comfort fare ticket is not eligible for a full refund after the risk-free window.
2- In Nonvoluntary ticket cancellation, all the ticket types are eligible for a full refund even if they hold a non-refundable ticket.
Important notes on Aeromexico Cancel Flight Refund Policy
- The airline offers free cancellation till the risk-free period lapses.
- For the non-refundable tickets, the passenger will not receive a refund after the end of the risk-free period.
- If you booked a flexible or premier ticket then you will get a full refund.
- As per the Aeromexico Cancel Flight Refund Policy, when you cancel a ticket within 3 days of departure then you need to pay total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
- Under refund policy, it is mentioned that the refund processing date directly depends on the mode of payment chosen by the passenger.
- The airline will not charge cancellation fees to the passenger if the flight is canceled due to natural calamities.
How to save money (refund value) under the Aeromexico 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
As discussed in the Aeromexico cancellation policy above, you came to know that the airline offers a stipulated time zone to each passenger for undoing their mistakes. Now, go through the below-mentioned point to know deeply about the Aeromexico 24 Hour Cancellation Policy.
Highlights of Aeromexico 24 Hour Cancellation Policy:
- The airline will not deduct any cancellation fee if the booking date is one week before departure and cancellation is done on the reservation date.
- No refund to non-refundable ticket holders after the lapse of 24 hours of booking.
- According to the Aeromexico 24 Hour Cancellation Policy, the airline will not impose any change fee if the passenger is rescheduling the tickets within 24 hours of booking.
- For the full refund, the passenger has to cancel the ticket within the specified time.
- Passengers with Basic fare ticket, Classic fare ticket, AM+ fare ticket, and Comfort fare ticket will not gain a refund if they cancel the ticket out of the risk-free window.
- The passenger must need to change or cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking. After the allotted period ends, the airline will cancel fees as per the Aeromexico 24-Hour Cancellation Policy.
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee
The airline charges cancellation fees according to the route of passenger, service chosen by the passenger, cancellation date from departure date, and many more factors. The following are the details about the
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee:
|Aeromexico Flight Ticket Types||Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee|
|Basic fare ticket||Non refundable|
|Classic fare ticket||Non refundable|
|AM+ fare ticket||Non refundable|
|Comfort fare ticket||Non refundable|
|Flexible fare ticket||Refundable (No Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee is charged )|
|Premier fare ticket||Refundable (No Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee is charged )|
The airline offers two types of Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee. For passengers with Basic fare tickets, Classic fare tickets, AM+ fare tickets, and Comfort fare tickets need to pay Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee as all these tickets are treated as non-refundable tickets after the 24 hours risk-free window. However, the passenger with refundable tickets (Premier fare tickets and Flexible fare tickets) will receive the full amount as a refund without any deduction of Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee.
What is the various method to cancel the Aeromexico air ticket?
Like many other airlines, Aeromexico also offers cancellation in both online and offline portals.
ONLINE CANCELLATION PROCESS
- For online cancellation, the passenger needs to visit the official website or official mobile app.
- The online portal supports various languages like- ENGLISH, SPANISH.
- The best part of online cancellation is that the passenger does not require to pay the service fee additionally.
OFFLINE CANCELLATION PROCESS
- For offline cancellation, the passenger needs to call on the customer service number +1-855-635-3038 or need to visit the airport counter or ticket sale Aeromexico office.
- The toll-free number is available in various languages like- ENGLISH, SPANISH.
- The best part of offline cancellation through reservation number is that the passenger does not require internet connectivity.
- The service is available 24 X 7 and in many native languages.
What are the Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation and how to apply for compensation online?
The Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation is allotted to the passenger when the airline canceled the flight for the following reasons:
- Technical Issue.
- An issue associated with crew staff.
- And many other corporate factors.
- Heavy rain.
- Climatic disorders.
The online process to apply for Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation:-
- Open your web browser and visit the official website of Aeromexico by clicking on the link https://aeromexico.com/en-us.
- Complete the login process and visit the Manage trip section.
- Use your reservation code with your or passenger family name.
- Select the tickets and click on the cancellation reason tab.
- Write “flight delayed or canceled by the airline” in the cancellation reason box.
- Attach the proof and complete the compensation request process.
- At last note down the compensation request number for future purposes.
What is the Aeromexico Flight Delayed Compensation?
In case if the flight delayed by the airline for more than 3 hours then the following benefit is awarded to the passenger as compensation:
- Free transport facility with free beverages.
- Travel voucher for future journeys with Aeromexico.
- Two calls and fax facilities for each passenger.
How to cancel the Aeromexico flight ticket?
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation is available in both the medium. You can choose any one of the portals as per your choice to complete the cancellation process. The following are the methods by following which you will be able to cancel the ticket on Online and Offline portals.
Online Cancellation Method
Following instructions will help you to cancel your booking on online portals. The steps are easy executed:
- Open your web browser as your preference.
- Visit the official website of Aeromexico.
- For logging use your or passenger user ID with password.
- On the home page of Aeromexico visit the My trip section.
- Enter the reservation Six-digit Aeromexico Confirmation code or Aeromexico E-Ticket Number with passenger last name or family name.
- Fill the required field such as- Flight date, Flight number, E-ticket number, Departure City, and Destination City (if required).
- Write down or select the cancellation reason.
- Fill your contact details for future communication purposes like- Name of the passenger (as per Passport or Visa), E-mail address and contact number (registered number).
- Click on the proceed tab for submitting your refund request.
- If required to pay the Aeromexico Cancel Flight Fee as per the airline policy.
- Compare the refund amount with the calculation.
- Note down the Aeromexico refund request number.
- After the submission of the refund request form, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered mobile number and Email ID.
The refund will be reversed into your account within 20 business days. If you encounter any issue while performing online cancellation then you just need to call on Aeromexico reservation number and implement the cancellation easily.
Offline cancellation Method (through the Aeromexico reservation number)
The offline cancellation method is simple and you simply need to follow some basic steps mentioned below for executing cancellation on the offline portals:
- Dial the Aeromexico Customer service toll-free number.
- Choose the interaction language as per your preference.
- An agent will be assigned to you within 2 to 5 minutes.
- Confirm your identity by offering a user name, ticket number, arrival city, etc.
- Select the journey you wish to cancel and ask the assigned agent to cancel the specified air ticket on your behalf.
- State the cancellation reason.
- Select the mode of payment for paying Aeromexico Cancel Flight Fee(if required).
- After the end of cancellation, the airline will send you a confirmation mail in your registered email ID and mobile number.
- The refund amount is calculated as per the Aeromexico Cancellation policy.
What is the Aeromexico Cancel Flight Fee for non-refundable tickets?
As mentioned above, Aeromexico only offers a full refund to passengers with a Flexible fare ticket and Premier fare ticket. Passengers with Basic fare ticket, Classic fare ticket, AM+ fare ticket, and Comfort fare ticket will not get a refund when he or she is able to cancel the booking within the same day of booking. After the risk-free period, all these tickets are treated as No-show fees. The airline will charge full ticket fare as the Aeromexico Cancel Flight Fee against the passenger booking a non-refundable ticket. So, always prefer to cancel the ticket with a stipulated time frame.
What are the changes that take place in the Aeromexico Flight Cancellation policy due to the Covid-19 outbreak?
The airline always stands for the betterment of its passengers. So, due to the pandemic condition caused by the Covid-19 virus, the airline made some necessary changes in the Aeromexico Flight Cancellation policy.
The changes are as follows:
- No Aeromexico Cancel Flight Fee is charged if the travel date is the month of March.
- No change fee is charged if the passenger wishes to reschedule the trip.
- Full refund to all tickets purchased in the month of the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Free cancellation to all passengers even if he or she holds a non-refundable ticket or promotional ticket.
Submit your review