Air China Cancellation Policy, Charges, and Refund
The prominent airline for global travelling, Air China gives a wonderful flying experience to its passengers. Rising to the top for awesome customer experience, Air China has made travelling more convenient with the introduction of its Air China Cancellation Policy. From booking tickets to rebooking reservations and cancelling them, the Air China 24 hour cancellation policy has made its services more comforting for flyers.
If you will also be travelling this year with Air China, then you should definitely know the Air China Cancellation Policy, because changes in plans can pop up when you expect them the least.
Scroll down to find everything about Air China cancellation policy, charges, refund, and a lot more.
What is Air China Cancellation Policy?
By creating the convenient Air China 24 hour cancellation policy, this leading flag carrier of the People’s Republic of China has shown that it is truly dedicated to offer the best services and promising experience to the passengers. The Air China Cancellation Policy allows you to cancel your flight reservation, especially in instances when there is a sudden change in your travel plans. Moreover, this policy allows you to make changes to your booking as well.
Interestingly, if you decide to cancel your reservation, you can also submit a request for an Air China cancellation refund in case you are eligible for it.
How to Cancel Air China Flight Tickets Online?
Now, let’s learn the procedure you can follow to cancel your Air China flight tickets online.
- The basic step is to visit the official website of Air China.Then, go to the section “Booking Management”. Under this section, you will find “Check My Booking”.
- Now, you will be required to fill in the six-digit airline confirmation number. You can also provide your thirteen-digit e-ticket number and then fill in your name.
- Once you have filled in all the above-mentioned information correctly, you have to click “Retrieve”.
- The next step is to select the booking you want to cancel and then tap “Cancel this booking”.
- You will see a set of instructions for the Air China cancellation refund procedure before you confirm the cancellation of flight reservation.
- The final step is to hit “Cancel” and the process will get completed.
- An email confirmation of reservation cancellation will be sent to you shortly.
How to Cancel Air China Flight Tickets Offline?
When the flight tickets have been booked through the Air China portal or with the help of their agent, then you can follow the same procedure to cancel your Air China flight tickets offline.
How to Rebook Air China Flight Tickets?
The Air China flight cancellation policy has added more flexibility to travelling by giving you the option of rebooking your flight tickets. Let’s have a look at the procedure to rebook:
- Visit the official website of Air China and then go to the section “Manage Reservation”.
- Here you will find the rebooking option. Click on it.
- Now, you will be asked to fill in the reservation details, such as the booking code and family name.
- After filling the necessary details, you will get the option to retrieve the booking.
- Once the booking is retrieved, the option to rebook the reservation will come up.
- Now, look for another flight that is suitable for your plan and then click on “Continue”.
- Now, you will see the details of any additional fare and flight rebooking fee.
- The last step is to make the payment.
Tip: Keep the details of the reservation handy with you. This will save you time in rebooking the flight tickets. You can also dial +1-877-401-0468 for any kind of additional help.
What is the Air China Cancellation Fee?
The Air China cancellation policy puts forth that if you have booked flight tickets with Air China cancel within 24 Hours. It will be best for you. In that case, no cancellation fee shall be applicable. Cancelling it after this time period may be charged as per the policy. The Air China cancellation fee is usually USD 200. So, getting your flight tickets within the specified timeframe can help exempt from these charges.
It may help you to know that under the Air China cancellation policy, you will be provided complete assistance when you cancel your flight reservation because of bereavement reasons. The airline runs professional services and goes every step to understand its passengers.
What is Air China Cancellation Refund?
The Air China Cancellation Refund can be claimed on refundable as well as non-refundable tickets under certain conditions. On the purchase of non-refundable flight tickets, the refund will be provided within 24 hours of cancellation of flight reservation.
You will get a full refund on the purchase of refundable flight tickets. The cancellation of a reservation for refundable flight tickets can be made till the last minute. In that case, you will be charged USD 50 which will be deducted from the refund and the remaining value will be credited back.
Under the Air China Cancellation Policy, the time to process the refund is usually between 7 to 10 business days. You will receive the refund via the mode of payment through which you had paid earlier.
How to Get Air China Cancellation Refund?
A request for an Air China cancellation refund can be placed online by submitting a refund form. After the submission of this form, your reservation will be cancelled. Also, your flight ticket will become invalidated and you will not be able to restore it.
It may be useful to know that when an Air China cancellation refund request is made for an adult passenger who will be travelling with an infant, then the booking of the infant will get cancelled by default. So, if you want to submit a refund request for both the tickets, then make sure to provide the details of the infant too, or else you may get the refund amount for one flight ticket only.
What is Air China Flight Delay Compensation?
On the off chance that the flight gets delayed or cancelled by the airlines due to certain unavoidable circumstances, you may be able to get the Air China Flight Delay Compensation.
You can get this compensation when:
- your flight has been cancelled by Air China and you have not been informed of the same at least 14 days earlier.
- you fail to board the flight because of overbooking.
- you fail to catch the connecting flight due to delay in the schedule of the first flight.
- your flight has been delayed by more than three hours.
Note: The compensation may or may not be provided by the airline in case of political tensions, natural calamities, extreme weather disruptions, and other such conditions.
In this blog, we learnt how the Air China cancellation policy has provided more flexibility to the flyers. By following simple methods, you can cancel your flight tickets online and offline, rebook reservations, submit a request to get a refund, and get compensation in case of inconvenience.
We hope this information will help you in travelling wisely!
Submit your review