China Airlines provides maximum flexibility to its clients by widening the China Airlines Cancellation Policy and minimizing cancellation fees. In case you were a potential flyer of China Airlines but had to cancel due to the Coronavirus outbreak or some other reasons, then you can do so.
- Travelers are permitted to cancel their tickets 24 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- The passengers willing to cancel their tickets can do so by going to the official website of China Airlines.
- There is no cancellation charged as per China Airlines Cancellation Policy for the passengers who cancel China Airlines flight within 24hours.
- The passengers willing to cancel their tickets after the stipulated time frame will be charged some cancellation charges.
Passengers can get into any situation that may force them to cancel the reservation for which airlines provide cancellation policies. While the passengers are permitted to cancel the China Airlines reservations, there are also cancellation charges applied for the same. The cancellation charges are bound to the rules and regulations that set as per the guidelines of the China Airlines flight cancellation policy.
- The passengers who cancel their tickets within 24 hours of the purchase are eligible for a full refund as per the China Airlines cancellation policy 24 hours.
- In case the passenger has not canceled the ticket within 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket then a cancellation fee applies.
- The cancellation fee is determined by various factors such as the number of tickets booked, destination, departure point, time and date (traveling in the off-season or on-season), change in the tax and more.
- The passengers who are seeking a refund or wish to check the flight status just need to go to the official website of China Airlines and tap on the “Manage Booking” section to do the same.
- As per China Airlines Cancellation Policy, the passengers who are eligible for a refund after cancellation of the ticket will get the amount within three to five business days from the date of the travel.
The passengers who wish to cancel their reservations made with China Airlines can visit the official website of the airline in order to know the China Airlines flight cancellation policy in brief.
China Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- The passengers who are flying from or to the USA will be allowed a full refund if the request for refund has been filed within the first 48 hours of the purchase of the ticket.
- Under the aforementioned condition, the ticket has to be entirely unused and there should be at least one week (7 days) for the flight to take off before making the cancellation.
- The passengers who are flying from or to Korea will get a full refund that too without any external handling fee on making a cancelation and requesting a refund within a week of the purchase.
- Under the aforementioned condition, there should be at least ten days for the flight to depart.
- The aforementioned conditions are true only if the tickets are bought from (CAL) China Airlines’ official website http://www.china-airlines.com.
General Guidelines to Cancel China Airlines Flight
- Before beginning the cancellation process, the passenger must gather the essentials that are required for carrying out the cancellation process.
- The credit card with which the reservation has been made along with the flight ticket which has to be canceled are necessary to carry out the process effortlessly.
- The airline will transfer the refund amount after the necessary deductions (if any) into the credit card that was used to make the reservation with China Airlines.
- After the refund request has been initiated then it will take seven business days or more for the amount to get transferred into the account of the respective passenger.
- Please note that the possible date of refund is totally dependent on the credit card agreement as well as the regulations of the issuer.
- There are chances when the credit card or the account may not be reflected in the account for which the passenger must contact the respective bank.
- The passengers who have made the reservations via cash or cheque must know that it will take twenty or more business days for the refund to reflect.
In case you wish to know the China Airlines cancellation fee, please go to the website of China Airlines.
Once you are on the official website of China Airlines, you will be able to get a piece of brief information on Frequent flyer rules program, lavatory configurations, cancellation policies, seating arrangements, China Airlines Cancellation Policy, services and much more.
- Please note that the terms and conditions will be applied to all the reservations made on the official website of China Airlines as well as the cancellations and the refunds.
- Dynasty Flyer Program guide for the membership of the passengers
- Lavatory configurations, the seating arrangements of the aircraft as well the cabin guide.
How to cancel China Airlines Tickets?
In case, you do not know how to cancel China Airline ticket, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make sure you have an internet connection before beginning the cancellation process.
- Type the official China Airlines website in the search box and tab enter.
- Locate the tab that says “Manage Booking” and select it.
- Enter the last name and booking number in the space given.
- Now select the reason for applying for a refund and then hit on the tab that says “Next”.
- Make a selection on the flight that you may want to get a refund for.
- In the end, make sure to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process of refund.
China Airlines Ticket Refund Policy
- The airline provides the facility of cancellation and refund to the passengers who have made the reservations of the tickets on the official website of China Airlines.
- The refundable amount will be credited to the account that was used for making the purchase.
- The rules are not applicable to the tickets that are partially used, the tickets in conjunction along with THSR add on purchase validation, award tickets of the Dynasty Flyer Program.
- The passengers need to contact the CI/AE branch office for any kind of refund applications. There are different portals for the Refund Prepaid Excess Baggage fee, Refund for the chargeable seat, a refund for THSRC supplementary services.
- The passengers who have changed the ticket type online need to contact the branch office for the refund of the ticket.
- The passengers who have not canceled the tickets or do not show up for their flight on the airport or do not take their flight after the process of check-in are eligible for applying for the refund on the official website of the airline.
- The passengers who are facing the issue of “Duplicate ticket purchase” must note that both the reservations need to be booked on the official website of the airline. They must also have the same arrival and departure point, flight number, ticket name, and date.
- In case of the duplicate purchase, if the aforementioned credentials are not true then the application for a refund will not be considered.
Visit the official website to know more about the China Airlines flight cancellation policy
Submit your review
I had to cancel my China airlines flight ticket due to a last-minute change of plans. I went to the official website, but I wasn't sure about the China airlines cancellation policy. I did a lot of research for this and came across the reservationnumber.org website. The details provided here aided me in completing the cancellation request procedure.