People love traveling with Ethiopian Airlines because it offers best in-flight services and cancellation policies to help you make flight changes without burning a hole in your pocket. For more details on Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy, go through the following guide:
Key Highlights: Ethiopian Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy
- No refund is given to passengers traveling with invalid tickets.
- The passenger will be required to pay some portion of the ticket fare as Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fees for making a cancellation.
- No refund when the passenger makes a cancellation outside the cancellation deadline.
- The Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy states that no cancellation fee is charged to passengers if the cancellation is done for the following reasons:
- Government law
- Medical emergencies
- Passengers must share valid proof for requesting refund.
- The refund request made outside the official channel is not entertained by Ethiopian Airlines.
- A full refund is given to passengers who cancel their tickets within the risk-free period.
- According to the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy, a passenger who holds a non-refundable ticket cannot gain a refund outside the allotted period.
- The flight reserved on or before 31 May 2021 is reimbursed if the passenger holds a refundable ticket and the travel date lies between 01 March 2020 to 30 June 2021.
- When the airline updates the departure date and time without advance announcement, the passenger can request a refund even though they hold a non-refundable ticket.
Ethiopian Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
You will have to pay the cancellation charges according to your fare type when you cancel a scheduled flight reservation with Ethiopian Airlines. However, if you go by the Ethiopian Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, you can save a few bucks or, maybe, more.
- The airline will offer a full refund if the flight is cancelled within the same day of booking and the flight departure date is 84 hours away from the booking time.
- As per the Ethiopian Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, a passenger holding a discounted fare ticket will not gain a full refund even if the cancellation is made one or more weeks before the departure date.
- The passenger holding a non-refundable ticket will not be eligible for a full refund if they fail to cancel the trip within a zero penalty period.
- According to the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy, all travelers who successfully completed the cancellation procedure within the risk-free period will be reimbursed in full, regardless of their fare type.
Ethiopian Airlines Flight Cancellation Fees
- The airline offers a 24-hour window for free cancellation after that the passenger needs to pay some portion of the ticket fare as the Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fees.
- Passengers holding a non-refundable ticket will gain only the tax portion as a refund once the risk-free period lapses.
- After the zero cancellation period, passengers must pay Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fees ranging from USD 100 to USD 500, depending on their ticket form.
- Free cancellation is allotted to passengers traveling with refundable tickets. However, the travel date should lie between 01 March 2020 to 30 June 2021.
- As per the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy, the passenger holding a non-refundable ticket only can change the flight by paying change fees. If they cancel the flight outside the allotted period then they need to pay the full ticket fare as the Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fees.
- The Ethiopian Airlines ticket cancellation policy specifies that if the flight is cancelled in offline mode the air traveler must pay extra service charges.
How to Cancel a Flight on Ethiopian Airlines?
Ethiopian Airlines provides a plethora of options to cancel reservations. You can cancel ticket through the following modes:
- Official website
- Mobile App
- Ethiopian Airlines customer service number
- Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation counters
Ticket cancellation through the Ethiopian Airlines website
- Go to the official website by tapping on the link https://www.ethiopianairlines.com
- On the homepage, select the country.
- After that, tap on the login tab and use the login credentials to complete the account authentication process.
- Tap on the Manage booking tab.
- Enter booking reference and last name.
- Review it and tap on the retrieve booking tab.
- A new window will appear with the details about future travel.
- Select the booking.
- Fill the cancellation form by mentioning all the required fields.
- Check thoroughly and submit it by tapping on the confirm tab.
- Calculate the refund and match it with the displayed one.
- Once you are confirmed, simply tap on the continue tab to submit your Ethiopian Airlines ticket cancellation request.
Ticket cancellation through the official mobile app
- Open the Ethiopian Airlines mobile app.
- Finish the login process by mentioning the username with the password.
- On the home page, simply tap on the manage booking tab.
- Enter the Six-Digit alphabet Code(booking reference number) with the passenger’s last name.
- Tap on the retrieve booking tab.
- Select the booking code as per your requirement.
- Enter the reason for cancellation.
- Tick all the necessary options.
- Review the input and tap on the confirm tab to submit your Ethiopian Airlines ticket cancellation request.
- Once you submit the request, you will get a confirmation mail on your registered ID with details about the refund value.
Ticket cancellation through the customer service number
- Reach the officials by dialing +1-877-311-7484.
- Select the region, language, and reason for the call.
- The agent will assist you within two to five minutes depending on the traffic.
- Share all the details about the reservation, such as the name of the passengers, age, departure city, arrival city, booking code, and the reason for cancellation.
- The agent will fill the Ethiopian Airlines ticket cancellation form on your behalf.
- Once the cancellation process completes, note down the cancellation request number for future purposes.
Ticket cancellation at the Ethiopian Airlines center
- Visit the Ethiopian Airlines center.
- Fill the cancellation form by mentioning the following details: Name of the passengers, age, departure city, arrival city, booking code, the reason for cancellation.
- Submit the form to the available agent.
- The agent will check the form and will inform you about the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy.
- Once they complete the cancellation process on your behalf, ask them to offer the request number, note it for future references.
Note: As per the Ethiopian Airlines ticket cancellation policy, cancellations made through the online portal would save passengers money on service fees.
Ethiopian Airlines Refund Policy
- Due to covid-19, the airline has made some important updates to their Ethiopian Airlines refund policy in order to provide more flexibility to travelers:
- Passengers with refundable tickets can apply for a refund.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets can only opt for a flight change facility.
- As per the Ethiopian Airlines refund policy, a passenger without a valid ticket can not make a cancellation at the official outlets.
- After the flight departure, the airline will not accept any cancellation request.
- To gain a refund the passenger must have booked tickets from the authorized platforms and made cancellations through the official ways.
- No refund is allotted to passengers holding a promotional ticket.
- Full refund if the flight was cancelled by Ethiopian Airlines.
- Owing to the Ethiopian Airlines refund policy, the passenger must cancel the booking within 24 hours of reservation for gaining a full refund.
Frequently Asked Questions – Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy
No. You may not have to pay the Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation on the same day you scheduled it.
Ethiopian Airlines never cancels a flight for technical problems. However, you are advised to check with the officials before arriving at the departure airport.
To save money on Ethiopian Airlines flight cancellation fees, you need to implement the following rules:
• Cancel unsure journey within 24 hours of booking.
• Always book a refundable ticket.
• Book tickets from authorized portals.
As per the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy, you can conveniently cancel your ticket over the phone. You must contact the Ethiopian Airlines customer support team for this. To reach them dial +1-877-311-7484. However, you will have to pay a service fee in addition to cancellation fees.
Ethiopian Airlines cancel flights for the following reasons:
• Natural calamities
• Technical error
• Government protocols
To cancel Ethiopian Airlines flights via the online method, you need to implement the following steps:
• Visit the official website or open a mobile app.
• Complete the user authentication process.
• Go to the Manage my booking section.
• Enter confirmation code and passenger last name in the respective field.
• Choose the trip.
• Fill the Ethiopian Airlines refund request form by sharing all the required details.
• Review the input and submit it by tapping on the confirm tab.
• The system will notify you about the Ethiopian Airlines refund policy.
• Agree to all the required clauses.
• Check the refund amount and confirm it by tapping on the Yes tab.
• The airline will send you confirmation mail on your registered credentials.
Note: No penalty will be levied on your account if you cancel the booking within the risk-free period.
Submit your review