Etihad airlines understand the various circumstances where an individual might have to cancel or change their travel plans. Hence, a regulated set of rules and policies have been laid down for the convenience of the passengers. This includes cancellation policies, refunds, and penalties.
It is advisable for customers to thoroughly read through the terms and conditions of the ticket before the final payment has been done. Individuals could also ring up the customer care services that have been provided by the air network in case of any issues or doubts. Given below are a few of the most important terms and conditions that have been imposed by the Etihad airlines.
- The contract between Etihad and the customer is established on the agreement of the terms and conditions that have been put down by the airline authorities. The best way to go about with cancellations or any kind of changes that are to be made to the ticket is to use the ‘Manage My Booking’ feature on the official Etihad site. This allows customers to directly get in touch with the airline personnel who are responsible for the changes that are to be made to the reservation.
- Etihad cancellation policy clearly defines the need for the ticket to be under the refundable category in order to process the cancellation and the refund money. The refunds that have been requested follow the fare terms and conditions that have been mentioned on the purchased ticket. The cost of a ticket is usually highly dependent on the various rules and policies of the ticket.
- Etihad airways ticket cancellation procedure is designed to be very simple and convenient for the customers. In case of any change or cancellation within 96 hours of the flight being set to take off, an additional 10% of the ticket cost would be deducted as cancellation fee. The airways don’t charge for the cancellation of tickets in case of a situation such as the death of a family member, although the required documentation needs to be provided for verification.
- The fare that is applied to multiple tickets could be quite restrictive in nature. Customers who face any sort of issue with the transaction of the refund money could immediately contact the airlines’ authority to solve the issue at hand at the earliest possible time. A time period of 14 to 30 days is taken for the refund amount to be reflected in the bank statement and the bank account.
- The Etihad flight cancellation fee would vary in accordance with the region of travel and the terms and conditions that have been defined on the purchase of the particular ticket. Prior to approaching the higher authorities with any kind of grievances, it is important for the customers to have detailed knowledge about the rules and regulations that are followed by the air network. On satisfying these conditions, the management would be more than willing to go through with the refunds, cancelations, and changes to the ticket.
Submit your review
My booking reference is is UGCZHN. I have to reschedule my return journey due to loss of my passport. I find that my travel agent GOIBIBO is charging me excessively for rescheduling / cancelling my ticket
I booked my tickets with etihad airlines but wanted to cancel because of some emergency situation. I searched online for the cancellation with the etihad airlines but, did not find any helpful process. I managed to get the etihad reservation department number online and gave a ring on it, the representative of etihad airlines picked my call after the second ring. I told my situation and demand for ticket cancellation, the representative was really helpful and I was lucky to get my ticket cancelled within the 24-hour window without any fee or penalty.
I just had to pay 10% cancellation fees. Thank you Etihad airline for making the cancelation process easy with Economical.