The epitome of luxury on-air, Gulf Air is the flag carrier of Bahrain and headquartered in Muharraq. With its main base in Bahrain International Airport, the carrier has scheduled services to 50 destinations across 28 countries. With luxury being a priority now, air travel has seen a phenomenal rise. In such a scenario, Gulf Air has emerged as one of the most popular options among travelers looking to travel to destinations far and wide.
Before you hop into a flight, it’s desirable that you know how to cancel your ticket. This will make sure that you manage to keep your losses to a minimum should you need to drop your plans at the last minute. Here are the steps:
- Visit the official website of Gulf Air on your mobile/computer
- You’ll see the “Manage my Booking” option right at the top. Please click on it
- Once the window appears on your screen, enter your booking or reservation number and your last name
- Once you’ve selected the corresponding booking by clicking on it, please click on the “cancel” option
- Lastly, please confirm that you want to cancel
If indeed you are forced by circumstances to cancel your ticket, it’s advisable that you know about the cancellation policy of Gulf Air.
Gulf Air Cancellation Policy
The Gulf Air Cancellation Policy follows guidelines as laid down by the airline. The details are given below-
- Cancellations made within 24 hours are eligible for a full refund
- The type of ticket booked and in what situation the ticket is being canceled also decide the cancellation amount
- As per Gulf Air Cancellation Policy, cancellation of any non-refundable ticket shall see the refund of only the airport and government charges
- It takes at least a month for the refund to be processed after the confirmation of the same by the airline
- The status of the refund can be checked online on the “manage my travel” option by entering the details asked for in the window
Should you have any further queries, please feel free to call 24×7 customer care support and the staff there would be more than happy to assist you.
Gulf Air Cancellation Fee
The Gulf Air Cancellation Fee includes refund charges. For a refund on any ticket, an administrative charge of BHD10 or USD30 or an amount equivalent to these in other currencies is applicable. If any additional refund charge is mentioned in the detailed fare rules, that amount too shall be added to the standard administrative charge mentioned above.
A service tax on cancellation or a refund related charge may be applied in countries like India where such a special government tax is levied at 18%. Please note that fuel charges, security charges, and other charges are not refunded when the ticket is non-refundable. Also, on all tickets, service charges are non-refundable.
Gulf Air Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
Before going ahead to book a ticket, it’s to be borne in mind that a full refund on cancellation is made only if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking the flight.
We feel that should you need to cancel your tickets at all, it’ll be a hassle-free experience now that we’ve given you all the vital information.
Submit your review
I toured several times in Gulf Air. One of the cheapest and decent flight to journey. But this time is I am not happy and unclear they charge 55% of total fare as cancellation fees.