For the last 8 decades, Japan Airlines has been serving as the flag carrier of Japan. The airline offers services to 100+ destinations across the globe. If you booked tickets in Japan Airlines and due to unavoidable reasons you wish to cancel the ticket then you need to follow the rules mentioned in the Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy. In case you need any assistance then you can directly communicate with the airline customer service team.
Key rules as per the Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy
- If the passenger is canceling the ticket on the same day of departure then Japan Airlines will charge a cancellation fee as per their cancellation policy.
- The passenger traveling with a basic fare ticket is not allowed to cancel the ticket.
- As per the Japan Airlines cancellation policy, no refund is initiated if the cancellation date is after the departure date.
- The passenger with a non-refundable ticket will not get a refund after the lapse of the risk-free window.
- For securing a refund, the passenger (with refundable tickets) needs to pay a cancellation fee as per the types of fare.
- The passenger will receive a full refund if they succeed in canceling the ticket before the 24 hours window lapses.
- No cancellation fee is charged by the airline, if the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours according to the Japan Airlines cancellation policy.
- The airline will charge cancellation if the ticket is canceled within two days of departure even if the tickets are canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- When the ticket is canceled due to the bereavement then Japan Airlines will not charge a cancellation fee.
Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- As per the policy, the passenger will receive a full refund if they succeed in canceling the ticket within the reservation date.
- The passenger with a refundable ticket needs to pay a cancellation fee after the lapse of the risk-free period.
- According to the Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy, the airline will offer a full refund to each passenger even if they bought a basic economy ticket.
- For the full refund, the ticket must be canceled within 24 hours of booking and the departure date must be one week away from the cancellation date.
- Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy gives you a chance to make possible changes in your scheduled tickets for free of cost.
- No refund is initiated to the passenger with the non-refundable ticket if the ticket cancellation takes place after 24 hours of booking.
Japan Airlines Ticket Cancellation Charges as per the fare types
- The airline will not charge a cancellation fee if the ticket is canceled within the day of reservation.
- After the risk-free period lapses, the airline will only refund the Government tax portion as a refund. The rest of the amount is charged as the Japan Airlines ticket cancellation charges.
- No refund is initiated if the ticket is canceled on the day of departure.
- Full refund if the flight is canceled by the airline.
- Full refund if the passenger canceled the ticket for the following reasons:-
- Bereavement of passenger
- Theft of passport
- Health Problem
- Military or Government orders
- After the 24 hours of booking, the refund amount is calculated after deducting the Japan Airlines ticket cancellation charges.
- The airline will not charge a cancellation fee, if the flight is canceled by the airline.
- To get a full refund, the passenger needs to cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking and the flight departure must be seven or more days away from the reservation date.
- Passengers need to pay extra charges as a service fee if they wish to cancel tickets on the offline portal.
Everything to know about the Japan Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee
- The passenger needs to cancel the ticket within allotted time if they wish to claim a full refund.
- When the passenger cancels the ticket after the departure time the whole ticket fares are treated as the No-show fees.
- To secure a refund the passenger (refundable ticket holder) needs to pay the Japan Airlines flight cancellation fee as per the airline cancellation policy.
- A passenger with the Business Restricted fare ticket needs to pay 100 to 400 USD as the cancellation charges.
- According to the cancellation policy, the passenger with Economy Restricted Fare ticket, Economy Flexible Fare ticket, and Business Promotion tickets are not eligible for the refund. The airline will charge the whole ticket fare as the Japan Airlines flight cancellation fees.
- Japan Airlines does not charge any cancellation fee to passengers with a Flexible Fare ticket. However, the airline will charge service fees if the passenger chooses an offline portal for canceling tickets.
Japan Airlines Refund Policy
- The airline will not offer a refund to the passenger with an award and a business promotional ticket.
- No refund to the passenger after the lapse of departure time.
- Full refund to passengers till 24 hours of booking.
- The refund amount is initiated after deducting the cancellation fee as the Japan Airlines Refund Policy.
- Full refund if the airline cancels the booking due to technical fault.
- When the flight is delayed for more than four hours then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
Japan Airlines is the only airline which allows its passenger to cancel the ticket after the departure of the flight. For securing a refund you need to pay cancellation charges as per the Japan Airlines Refund Policy.
If ticket canceled by you before flight departure
For securing a refund you need to pay cancellation fees according to the Japan Airlines Cancellation policy. The airline charges a cancellation fee of ¥440 when you cancel the ticket before flight departure. The refund amount is calculated after deducting the cancellation fee and the rest of the amount will be processed within 20 business days.
If ticket canceled by you after flight departure
The airline will charge a cancellation fee of ¥440 plus one-fifth of ticket fare. So, to get a refund, always cancel the ticket before the flight departs.
- Within 24 hours of booking: Full refund
- After 24 hours of booking till flight depart: Refund = Total ticket fare – ¥440
- After departure: Cancellation fee (¥440) + 20% on total ticket fare
How to avoid cancellation charges?
- Cancel tickets within the stipulated time(24 hours of booking).
- The departure date has to be one week away from the booking date.
However, if Japan Airlines cancels the flight then you may be able to secure a full refund. But when the airline cancels the flight due to the worst weather condition then the refund value directly depends on the policies of the airline.
How to cancel Japan Airlines tickets online?
For canceling ticket online you need to follow below instructions:-
Step 1- Go to the official website of Japan Airlines.
Step 2- Complete the sign-in procedure by entering the User ID and password.
Step 3- For cancellation visit the ‘manage my trip section’, write the reservation code and passenger’s last name.
Step 4- Select the tickets and click on the cancel tab.
Step 5- Choose the cancellation reasons and read briefly the terms and condition of refund.
Step 6- Submit your refund request and match the displayed refund amount with your calculation.
Step 7- After submitting the claim request form, the airline will send you a confirmation mail on the passenger registered mobile number and email ID.
Passengers will get the refund amount as per the Japan Airlines Cancellation policy. The refund will be processed within three weeks from the requested date.
How to cancel my JAL ticket offline?
To cancel your JAL ticket on offline portals, you need to communicate with the customer service team by dialing the toll-free number +1-877-311-7484 This number is operational 24 X 7 and accessible in many languages including Spanish and English. After calling on the toll-free number you need to follow below instructions carefully:-
Step 1:- Choose the preferred language.
Step 2:- Offer your E-ticket number to the agent.
Step 3:- Ask the agent to select the name of the passenger for whom you wish to cancel.
Step 4:- Choose the reason for cancellation and submit your request.
Step 5:- Ask the agent about your refund amount. If you have any issues related to refund value then raise your question and obtain a possible solution from the authorized travel agent.
Step 6:- The agent will send you a confirmation mail on your registered E-mail ID and on your mobile number.
The Japan Airlines ticket cancellation fare rules are mentioned on the confirmation page, refund policy section or on the review page.
To know the Japan Airlines ticket cancellation fare rules, passengers need to call in the global toll-free number +1-877-311-7484. The travel agent will guide you with all the rules related to cancellation.
According to the Japan Airline Refund policy, the passenger will get the following benefits if the flight delayed for more than five hours:-
1. Free accommodation
2. Free beverage with drinks
3. Two fax and Two calls
4. Full refund
5. Travel voucher
Yes, non-refundable tickets also come under the Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. According to this policy, no cancellation fee is charged against you even if you are holding a non-refundable ticket. You will receive the full refund amount within three business weeks.
If you are lucky that your flight got canceled on the same day of departure then only you succeed to receive a full refund. For grabbing the full refund you need to present
1. E-ticket or standard ticket.
2. A confirmation mail with cancellation reason. The mail must be sent by Japan Airlines.
3. Boarding pass (if you have).
4. Passport and Visa paper.
If you are canceling your ticket on the same day of booking but the booking date and departure date are the same then the airline will not consider your booking under the Japan Airlines 24 Hour cancellation policy. You need to pay a cancellation fee as per the policy for securing some amount as a refund.
The cancellation process is similar to the standard cancellation process. However, you need to pay one-fifth of the total ticket fare excluding the cancellation fees. For offline cancellation, you need to pay service fees additional. So, if you are wishing to gain a refund then you need to cancel the ticket within the allotted stipulated time. When you cancel non-refundable tickets after the departure of flight then you will not get any refund, the total ticket fare will be forfeited by the airline as Japan Airlines cancellation fees.
Submit your review