JetBlue flight cancellation policy allows more flexibility, now, you can cancel the scheduled journey till the day of departure for a small or no fee. To understand the key highlights of the policy, you will need to continue reading the following points:
- You can submit a cancellation request in both ways. The airline may impose service fees if the cancellation is requested through offline modes.
- Passengers can cancel unused portions of their tickets with the airline. The passenger can use the travel credits for future travel. These points come with one-year validity, however, always consult the team before filling the JetBlue cancellation form.
- The passenger traveling with Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, and Mint fare tickets does not need to pay cancellation charges.
- JetBlue will take about four weeks to provide a refund to the requested passenger account, depending on the mode and method.
- According to the JetBlue refund policy, passengers who book tickets with unofficial sources will not get a refund.
- You do not have to pay cancellation fees if the cancellation is requested within 24 hours of reservations.
- The JetBlue free cancellation is not allowed on bookings that are made within six days of the scheduled departure.
- For No show, the passenger will be required to pay the whole booking value as the JetBlue cancellation fees.
- Passengers making cancellation requests within 30 minutes of departure will get only the tax portion as a refund.
- The JetBlue cancellation policy specifies that the passenger traveling with discounted or promotional tickets can not make cancellation requests on the day of departure.
- Passengers traveling with promo and unofficial tickets are non-refundable.
JetBlue 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- JetBlue cancellation fee within 24 hours is nil. You do not need to pay any charges based on fare category and destinations.
- The JetBlue 24 hour cancellation policy does not apply to tickets that are booked within six days prior to departure.
- You will be charged a portion of airfare as JetBlue cancellation fees if the cancellation is requested outside the risk-free period, according to the JetBlue 24 hour cancellation policy.
- The JetBlue free cancellation rule does not apply to tickets that are booked outside the official portals. You will need to pay full fare as cancellation charges, however, you can communicate with the officials before making a cancellation request.
- According to the JetBlue cancellation policy, the passenger can request a refund on unused portions of tickets.
- You can gain a full refund as JetBlue cancellation compensation if the booking is canceled by the airline for any sort of reason.
JetBlue Covid Cancellation Policy
The airline has made some changes in the JetBlue ticket cancellation policy to offer some relief to its passengers. Consider reading the following to know about the changes are made in the JetBlue covid cancellation policy:
Passengers traveling with Blue Basic fare tickets
Bookings made on or before 6/7/21:
- JetBlue cancellation fee is waived. However, you may need to pay fare differences and all other applicable charges.
- As per the JetBlue cancellation policy, the passenger can reschedule the trip.
- On voluntary cancellations, the old rule applied based on routes and membership status.
Bookings made on or after 6/8/21:
- Passengers traveling to or from the U.S., Mexico, Caribbean, and Central America: USD 100 per person is charged as JetBlue cancellation fees.
- Passengers traveling to or from other routes: The passenger will need to pay USD 200 per person as JetBlue cancellation charges.
- You can reschedule the flight by paying fare differences.
Passengers traveling with Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, and Mint fare tickets
The passenger traveling with Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, and Mint fare tickets does not need to pay cancellation charges. JetBlue refundable tickets qualify for a full refund if the cancellation is made due to operational errors, technical failures, bad weather, covid-19, natural calamities.
How to Cancel a JetBlue Flight?
Canceling a booked trip is a stressful procedure. However, it is not the same as JetBlue. Cancellation with JetBlue is quick and straightforward. You can cancel using a variety of permitted channels. Some of them are illustrated below:
Online: Website, Mobile App
- Online cancellation can be done in two ways: website and through the mobile app.
- Many people like to make the JetBlue cancellation via online methods as it saves them money with other resources.
- With the advancement of technology, you may now file a JetBlue refund request 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The JetBlue cancellation policy specifies that online cancellation is requested only with valid tickets.
- The cancellation made due to bad weather will be treated under the JetBlue weather cancellation policy. In such cases, the passenger does not need to pay cancellation charges. The airline may give them a chance to reschedule the trip or opt for a refund by filling the form through the official website or mobile app.
Steps to submit the JetBlue ticket cancellation request online
- Choose a suitable mode.
- Be on the official page and complete the login procedure.
- You can complete the authentication process by using the username with the password.
- Head to the manage booking page.
- Enter confirmation code with the last name of the passenger in respective fields.
- Select the trip.
- Click on the Cancel tab.
- To cancel tickets fill out the JetBlue cancellation form.
- Fill the form mentioning all the required details and review the form.
- Submit the JetBlue tickets refund form.
- Before submitting the form make sure to read the clauses mentioned in the JetBlue flight cancellation policy.
- Submit the form.
- The system will start the calculation process for the refund value. The refund is calculated by deducting the JetBlue cancellation fees from the total airfare.
- You do not need to pay any additional charges as it will sum up with the refund value.
- The system will proceed with the cancellation request on your behalf.
- You will notify the same through the confirmation mail on the registered email address or mobile number.
Offline: Customer Service Number +1-877-311-7484, Airport Helpdesk, Sales Counter
JetBlue understands that many passengers are not comfortable with online methods. So to please then the airline offers cancellation facility through the offline modes too. You can cancel the journey quite effortlessly with the help of the customer service team. For this, you simply need to reach the team through the toll-free number or by visiting nearby official counters. Before going through the following, make sure to read the theory mentioned in the JetBlue Cancellation Policy.
Steps to submit the JetBlue ticket cancellation request offline
- Get connected to the team through the available or appropriate mode.
- Reach the helpdesk counter or official counters(if you do not wish to make a cancellation over the call).
- Fill out the JetBlue cancellation form mentioning details such as booking number, passenger name, and other required fields.
- Enter all the details and review the input before submitting the JetBlue refund form to the available agent.
- The agent will calculate the refund value by deducting the JetBlue cancellation fees from the total booking fees.
- Once the form is submitted the agent will process the cancellation request on your behalf.
- You will get notified about the cancellation through the confirmation mail on your registered IDs.
- Generally, it is mentioned in the JetBlue flight cancellation policy that the airline will take three to four business weeks to process your refund.
JetBlue Cancellation Fees
The airline charges the cancellation fees based on fare category and routes. As per the JetBlue cancellation policy, the passenger will get a full refund if the cancellation is made by the airline. However, the refund value solely depends on the airline cancellation policy. To answer your concern about the JetBlue cancellation fees, you will need to go through the following points:
- The passenger will need to pay up to USD 300 as cancellation charges.
- According to the JetBlue ticket cancellation policy, the airline imposes cancellation fees once the risk-free period ends.
- The passenger booked with TrueBlue points can cancel the unused portions of the booking. However, the refund will be processed back to the TrueBlue account.
- On some routes, the passenger may need to pay up to 80 percent of airfare as JetBlue cancellation charges.
- Passengers can make cancellations till the same day of departure with JetBlue refundable tickets.
- The JetBlue flight cancelation policy states that the passenger will get a full refund if the cancellation is requested on the same day of purchase.
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation Rules
The JetBlue flight delays and cancellations provisions are applied to bookings that are made at the official platforms. If the airline fails to provide the scheduled flight service, the following advantages will be provided as compensation:
- The airline will not charge cancellation fees.
- JetBlue will offer a free reschedule facility.
- Accommodation and transportation are offered as the JetBlue cancellation compensation.
JetBlue Refund Policy
To claim a refund, you will need to implement the clauses mentioned in the JetBlue refund policy:
- Always fill the JetBlue refund form through the official portals.
- The refund requested through the online portals will not incur a service fee additionally.
- As per the JetBlue cancellation policy, the passenger making the refund request will need to pay a fair portion of airfare as cancellation fees.
- A full refund is issued on the cancellation is requested within the same day of reservations. To get a full refund, the JetBlue cancellation form should be filled at least seven days before departure.
- The JetBlue delayed flight refund policy is not applicable on promo tickets. You will not get any amount as a refund even if the cancellation is requested within 24 hours of reservations.
- In the event of a no-show, the traveler must pay the whole booking amount as JetBlue cancellation charges.
- The JetBlue refund policy states that the passenger will get a full booking as a refund if the flight is canceled by the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy
Submit your review
we need to cancel are flight do to the virus can we get are refund.are confirmation number is 813D21555.
"Hi, I wanna cancel my ticket with ticket No. PO1074382-1 .
I'm Behzad Salmassian and I've bought a ticket for a flight Venice from Istanbul on March 07, 2020.
Does my paid cost come back to myself?"