KLM Flight Cancellation Policy, Charges, Refund
Are you thinking about cancelling your KLM flight ticket, especially amidst the recent Coronavirus outbreak? Your health is what matters the most. So, if you are considering making a change to your travel schedule, then you are surely making a wise decision; but are the KLM cancellation charges worrying you? You don’t need to fret even a bit. You have landed on the perfect page to understand everything about the KLM cancellation policy.
So, let’s get started with the basic definition of KLM cancellation policy.
What is the KLM Cancellation Policy?
Changes in plan can happen unexpectedly at any time of the day. If you are a flyer of the best-in-class, KLM Airlines, then you can count on their reliable KLM cancellation policy. Providing more flexibility and convenience to its passengers, the KLM 24 hour cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight and the procedure is hassle-free. This policy lets you make changes in the date of your flight tickets and also provides you a refund if you are eligible for it.
Now, let’s move ahead to learn the procedure of cancelling KLM flight tickets.
How to cancel KLM flight tickets?
There are two procedures to cancel your flight tickets with KLM Airlines, online as well as offline.
Online Procedure to Cancel KLM Flight Tickets
Follow the steps given here to cancel your KLM flight ticket online with ease:
- Open the official website of KLM Airlines.
- On the Home Page, you will find the option of “My Trip”. Click on it.
- Now, you will find two options for retrieving flight reservation. Use can either use the booking code or you can log in to the “Flying Blue” account.
- In case you select the booking code for retrieving your flight reservation, then you will have to provide the booking code as well as the family name in the space provided. The next step after this would be to log in.
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the manage booking page. Here will see several options.
- To cancel your KLM flight ticket, select “Cancel”.
- Now a set of instructions will appear.
- Follow this set of instructions to go ahead with the KLM 24 Hour Cancellation procedure.
Offline Procedure to Cancel KLM Flight Tickets
You can also get in touch with KLM Airlines to cancel your flight reservation. All you have to do is dial +1-855-635-3038 . The KLM Airlines customer support team is friendly and helpful. You will be asked for the necessary information, such as your name and contact number. It would be really helpful to keep the information ready with you.
Alternatively, in case you have booked the KLM flight tickets through a travel agent, then you can contact him and place your request. The travel agent will do the needful procedure on your behalf.
How to Reschedule KLM Flight Tickets?
Follow these easy steps to make a change in your flight reservation:
- Visit the official website of KLM Airlines and login to “My Trip”.
- Next, you have to click the “Change flights” button.
- Now, look for a date that suits your plan. Any charges for making the change will be mentioned there. If you have purchased “extra options”, the charges will be settled.
- The next step is to confirm the changes you have made. In case you are being charged any additional cost, you will be required to pay for it as per your preferred mode of payment. If there is a remaining value to be settled, you will be provided with a voucher or a reimbursement.
- After the confirmation, you will receive an email stating the new details of the travel. You can also get access to these details in the “My Trip” section. You will receive separate emails containing the new flight ticket as well as any vouchers if applicable.
In case you don’t have access to the internet at the moment, you can always get in touch with the helpful customer support team of KLM Airlines. You will be guided well through the procedure to reschedule your flight booking.
Note: In case you have already checked in, you need to cancel the check-in to be able to reschedule your flight.
What are KLM Cancellation Charges?
The flexible KLM cancellation policy allows you to make changes to your flight booking by charging you KLM cancellation fees under certain conditions only. Using KLM 24 hour cancellation services, you can make changes thrice to the reservation within 24 hours and no additional cost will be applied. When the changes have been made to a higher flight fare, KLM cancellation fees will be payable. Opting for a low fare flight after making the changes, the remaining amount may not be reimbursed.
Understanding KLM Flight Cancellation Refund
KLM flight cancellation refund depends on whether the ticket is refundable or non-refundable. When you purchase a refundable ticket, you can enjoy a full refund. On the purchase of a non-refundable ticket, you will be required to make the cancellation within 24 hours to avail the cancellation refund. Cancelling your flight tickets afterward may not make you eligible for the refund, further, you may have to pay the reservation charges.
Note: Your booking will be cancelled once you fill-up the form for a refund. The total time to process the refund is usually 2 to 4 weeks. You will receive the KLM flight cancellation refund in the same currency as you paid and via the same payment method.
Compensation for Flights Cancelled or Delayed by KLM
Under certain situations, cancellations, as well as delays, on part of KLM Airlines may sound disappointing to the flyers and affect their plans. Under the KLM cancellation policy, the airlines will provide you compensation for flight cancellations or delays to make up for the inconvenience. Through this compensation, you may be able to cover any loss experienced due to the change.
According to the KLM cancellation policy, the compensation will also be provided in case of overbooking. You will be eligible for complete compensation when your flight has been delayed by three hours. However, the compensation may or may not be provided in case of flight delays or cancellations due to natural calamities or political tensions.
3 Key Takeaways for Frequent Flyers:
- You can make up to three changes to your flight tickets at no cost.
- Using KLM 24 hour cancellation services, you can make changes in time, destination, flight tickets, etc., within 24 hours.
- Cancelling your flight ticket, whether refundable or non-refundable, within 24 hours of booking may make you eligible for KLM flight cancellation refund.
Winding It Up
So you see, KLM cancellation policy has been made to make travel more enjoyable and convenient for its passengers. That’s why passengers truly count on KLM Airlines. Now, every time you feel the need to cancel your booking, this guide will help you. We hope you stay in the pink of health and enjoy your reservation!
Submit your review