Philippine Airlines is the flag carrier of the Philippines that operates from its primary hub at Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. The airline serves 31 destinations within the Philippines and 54 overseas destinations in Southeast Asia, East Asia, Oceania, North America, and Europe.
Philippine Airlines cancellation policy provides all sorts of comfort and flexibility when there are sudden changes in plans. Travelers across the globe would prefer Philippine Airlines for its flexible and transparent policies when it comes to cancel Philippine Airlines flights. In this post, you will get an idea of how Philippine Airlines flight cancellation policy works :
- Philippine Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy allows passengers to void their booking within 24 hours from the date of purchase and claim a full refund, provided that the travel date has to be 7 or more days at the time of cancellation
- Philippine Airlines ticket cancellation fees do not apply on each booking rather on each flight segment.
- To cancel a Philippine Airlines flight online, one must have purchased a ticket via the airlines’ website or any other online travel agency.
- Philippine Airlines booking cancellation online is very easy to navigate. Once the cancellation is done, the refund would be processed to the traveler’s registered mode of payment in 7-10 working days
- Philippine Airlines cancellation fee for the refundable as well as the non-refundable fare is 200 USD.
- In the case of refundable fare, the remaining balance of the airfare would be initiated as a refund to the passenger’s original form of payment.
Philippine Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Cancellation is just another part and parcel of travel, no matter how hard you plan your trip. With Philippine Airlines 24 hour cancellation you can claim a full refund without any cancellation fee. In addition, passengers can also make changes within 24 hours for free.
- As per the Philippine Airlines ticket cancellation policy, passengers can only avail of a full refund on their booking if they cancel within 24 hours from the date of purchase.
- Philippine Airlines 24-hour cancellation refund would be applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fares
- The refund initiated for Philippine Airlines ticket cancellation would be processed via the registered mode of payment provided at the time of booking
- If any passenger is canceling the Philippine Airlines reservation within 24 hours provided that the travel is within seven days, in such case Philippine Airlines cancellation fee of 200 USD will be assessed.
Philippine Airlines Cancellation Fees
Philippine Airlines cancellation fee is uniformly 200 USD regardless of the ticket type or travel class selected. Philippine Airlines ticket cancellation would be initiated via the ‘manage booking’ tab where passengers need to enter the six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger. The refund amount would be processed within 7-10 business days.
How to Cancel the Philippine Airlines tickets?
Wondering how to cancel my booking with Philippine Airlines? Here are the three methods that let you cancel a Philippine Airlines ticket and help you process refunds within 24 hours of cancellation.
Cancel flight tickets online – Here’s the quick summary of the Philippine Airlines cancel ticket process :
- Sign in to your Philippine Airlines online booking account using the email address provided at the time of booking. Philippine Airlines do not have the concept of guest booking.
- In the Philippine Airlines cancel my booking section, select the flight itinerary that you want to cancel
- On the trip details page, click on the ‘Cancellation’ button that appears in blue.
- Now select the passengers that you want to cancel your Philippine Airlines ticket for. Click the ‘Review Cancellation’ button at the bottom.
- On the next screen, a refund amount would be reflected based on the fares rules and restriction applies under the Philippine Airlines cancellation policy.
- Hit ‘Yes, cancel now’ to cancel Philippine Airlines flight for the selected passengers.
Cancel flights by phone – If you wish to make a cancellation to your booking, please call the Philippine Airlines booking cancellation helpline number at +1-877-311-7484. Our lines are open 24*7 a week, 365 days a year.
Cancel flights via airport counters – Philippine Airlines booking cancellation can be done at the airport counters or at the Philippine Airlines travel centers. All you need to present is your six-digit Philippine Airlines booking reference and the last name of the passengers. You can pay for the Philippine Airlines flight ticket cancellation or changes with a debit/credit card as well as cash. Passengers also need to carry their passport or any government-issued photo ID.
Denial of Boarding or Involuntary Cancellation
Involuntary cancellation or boarding denial happens when there are too many people holding the confirmed tickets for the same Philippine Airlines booking. When any sort of involuntary bum happens, all passengers are covered under Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation :
- Philippine Airlines has to offer the affected traveler an alternate accommodation for travel to their final destination
- If the passengers cannot be accommodated, that traveler is entitled to get compensation under the Philippine Airlines canceled flight policy
- As per Philippine Airlines flight cancellation policy, the passenger is also entitled to get 200% of the published fare and up to $650 USD if it takes more than two hours to get the affected passengers to their final destination.
- If the passenger is denied boarding due to security reasons or by the order of the pilot or crew members, then the passenger may not be covered under Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation.
In Case of Delayed Flights/Facilities Provides for Delay and Cancellation
If your Philippine Airlines flight is canceled or delayed then you are bound to receive Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation. All you need to do is give us a callback on our Philippine Airlines booking cancellation number at +1-877-311-7484. Our agents will guide you to the Philippine Airlines flight cancellation policy and let you know whether or not your reservation qualifies for compensation other than the airfare value. Here are some of the highlights that you must need to know :
- If the Philippine Airlines reservation canceled due to severe weather or any technical disruption, in such case Philippine Airlines cancellation fee waiver would be applied.
- Also, passengers can opt for the whole refund or issue a travel credit voucher against the whole ticket value
Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation
- $300 USD compensation if the total flight distance is within 2000 KM
- $400 USD compensation if the total flight distance ranges between 2000-4000 KM. The delay has to be 3 or more hours.
- $600 USD compensation if the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours and the travel distance is more than 4000 KM
- $800 USD Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation if the delay is for 5 or more hours.
Philippine Airlines Refund Policy
If your flight is disrupted by cancellations due to a pandemic outbreak from you are eligible for a refund without penalties under the Philippine Airlines flight cancellation policy.
If your flight is not affected due to a pandemic outbreak, passengers would still be eligible to get the refund as per the fare rules mentioned under Philippine Airlines canceled flight policy. The claimed refund may be subject to applicable penalties depending on the destination, and the date of issuance of your ticket.
Refund of Cash Payment
- For Philippine Airlines flight booking made via cash through the airline offices, your refund will be processed via bank transfer.
- Cash refunds may take 3-5 months, depending on the Philippine Airlines cancel ticket fare rules applied on your reservation.
Refund of Debit and Credit Card Payment
- For MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and JCB Credit or Debit holder, your refund processed via Philippine Airlines canceled flight hotline at +1-877-311-7484
- If the payment method is not used under the passenger’s account name, then either the passenger or card-holder may apply for a refund, provided that either of the party must present a government-issued photo ID.
Philippine Airlines Rebooking Policy
Change of booking is not possible online. If you wish to make changes to your booking, please call the Philippine Airlines booking cancellation helpline at +1-877-311-7484.
If your flight is not affected by any travel ban or involuntary cancellation, you are allowed to rebook or cancel a Philippine Airlines flight. Rebooking must be made within the ticket validity and applicable Philippine Airlines cancellation fee or change fee must be assessed based on the fare conditions of the route :
|Fare Brand||Economy Supersaver||Economy Saver||Economy Value||Economy Flex||Premium Economy||Business Value||Business Flex|
|Rebook1(Tickets Issued until Nov 25, 2021)||First rebooking FREE||First 2 rebookings FREE||UNLIMITED FREE rebooking||First 2 rebookings FREE||First 2 rebookings FREE||UNLIMITED FREE rebooking|
|Rebook1(Tickets Issued from Nov 26, 2020 – Nov 30, 2021)||UNLIMITED FREE rebooking|
|Convert to Travel Voucher||Convert the unused net value and unused taxes of the ticket to a Travel Voucher||Convert the unused net value and unused taxes of the ticket to a Travel Voucher + 10% bonus||Convert the unused net value and unused taxes of the ticket to a Travel Voucher||Convert the unused net value and unused taxes of the ticket to a Travel Voucher||Convert the unused net value and unused taxes of the ticket to a Travel Voucher + 10% bonus|
|Refund||Non-Refundable||Totally Unused: Refundable with a feePartially Used: Non- Refundable||Refundable without fees||Refundable with fee||Totally Unused: Refundable with a feePartially Used: Non- Refundable||Refundable without fees|
Frequently Asked Questions Philippine Airlines Cancellation Policy
Philippine Airlines focuses on ensuring accurate flight departures and arrival. At times, change or delay in flight occurs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural calamities, state emergency or riot-like situations, and other operational hassles.
Go to Philippine Airlines’ manage my booking tab. Go to your profile and update your phone number and email address. If Philippine Airlines ticket cancellation or delay occurs due to any unfavorable circumstances, then the airline would inform via text, email, or call prior to the scheduled departure.
Such things occur on rare occasions only if the conditions to fly are not favorable. If Philippine Airlines canceled flights at such very short notice, then passengers would get an option to change or cancel their flights for free. In addition, passengers would be eligible under Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation where the airline is liable to provide hotel accommodation and food vouchers.
If you have missed your connecting flight due to a delay, then an affected passenger would be covered under Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation that says :
$300 USD compensation if the total flight distance is within 2000 KM
$400 USD compensation if the total flight distance ranges between 2000-4000 KM. The delay has to be 3 or more hours.
$600 USD compensation if the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours and the travel distance is more than 4000 KM
$800 USD Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation if the delay is for 5 or more hours.
Passengers holding a wholly unused Philippine Airlines reservation are eligible for a full refund as per the fares rules and restrictions on their ticket.