Scandinavian Airlines is one of the major carriers of Sweden. Currently, it is serving to several domestic and international routes. The airline is quite popular in the country as it offers flexible services and has passenger-friendly policies. So, if you want to cancel your reservation with this airline for any reason, you can do it without any drama or unnecessary headache because of the flexible Scandinavian Airlines cancellation policy. So, continue reading this post to learn more about the same.
Understanding Scandinavian Airlines Cancellation Policy
The airline gives the facility to change or even cancel the flight online with great ease. In addition to this, you can submit a request to refund the amount by filling up the form available on the official website of Scandinavian Airlines. However, you should note down that the refund is only provided to those who cancel the flights within the active span i.e. within 24 hours of the booking. They do not provide any refund if the period is over. Besides, if you qualify for a full refund, then it will take around 7-10 business days to be processed and granted. In case the airline cancels any flight due to unavoidable circumstances, then they will refund the full amount.
Scandinavian Airlines 24-Hour Flights Cancellation
To make everything easier and hassle-free for the passengers, the airline has recently introduced a 24-hour cancellation policy. This ‘special’ policy has been designed to provide passengers with more benefits and flexibility along with easy management of bookings.
According to this policy, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of the ticket purchase. When you do it within the stipulated time frame, the airline will give you a complete refund. If you cancel the flight after 24 hours or a few hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, then the airline will deduct a certain amount as the penalty and refund the rest of the amount.
Scandinavian Airlines Cancellation Fees
The airline has listed the cancellation fees for domestic as well as international flights. So, look at the following to get detailed information:
- If you make a cancellation request after 24 hours of the booking, then you will need to pay a cancellation fee between $100 and $500.
- If you cancel the booking 24 hours before the scheduled departure, then you will need to pay a cancellation fee between $100 and $400.
To gather more information about the cancellation policy of this airline, you can call on the Scandinavian Airlines phone number +1-877-311-7484 and connect with their dedicated representatives for the right assistance and professional guidance.
How to Cancel Scandinavian Airlines Flight?
If you have booked a flight with this airline, but due to some emergency or unavoidable circumstances, you want need to change or cancel your reservation, then you can do it with great ease. Since you are now familiar with the cancellation policy, it is good to understand the methods along with the steps you will need to follow to do the same. So, just take a look:
Method 1: Online Cancellation
- Step 1: Browse through the official website of the airline or simply connect with Reservations Number for the same
- Step 2: Once you are on our portal, you will need to search your airline for the cancellation
- Step 3: Now, enter your name and confirmation number to initiate the process
- Step 4: Review the details before confirming the same
- Step 5: Once you are done with this, you can submit a refund request based on your cancellation (within or after 24 hours of booking or before 24 hours of the scheduled departure)
- Step 6: If you qualify for the refund, then the airline will return the amount (after deducting the applicable cancellation fee) within 7-10 working days
Method 2: Cancellation via Phone Call
If you think that the traditional method is the better option for you, then you can call on the Scandinavian Airlines phone number +1-877-311-7484 and connect with the representative for the support. They will provide you with the answers to all your queries related to flight cancellation, refunds, cancellation fees, the total duration of getting the refunds, etc. Or you can directly ask them to take the necessary action on your cancellation request. They will tell you everything on the call so that you do not have any doubt left.
Method 3: Cancellation at the Airport
The only problem with this method is that you will need to visit the nearest airport to submit your request. And once you reach, just find the Airport Ticket Office of the Scandinavian Airlines to cancel the flight in-person. When you do this, the refund will be credited to the same bank account or the same credit card/debit card through which you have had made the tickets’ payment.
How to Check If Your Scandinavian Flight is Cancelled or Not?
Whenever you cancel your flight, as per the Scandinavian Airlines cancellation policy, you will get an email from the airline with the necessary details. You can also browse through the official website of the airline and follow the steps mentioned here to check the same:
- Visit the official website of Scandinavian Airlines
- Use your credentials i.e. user ID and password to log in your account
- Now, go to my bookings to see the flight status
Refund Policy of Scandinavian Airlines
kets are non-refundable. Due to 24 hours of flexible booking policy, the airline allows you to cancel the flight within 24 hours with zero extra cost. If you have booked round trip tickets and want to fly only one way, then you can request for a refund for the part that is not used by you (as per the terms and conditions of your flight tickets). However, the refund amount will be calculated based on the rules and conditions of your carriage.
Once you request a refund or voucher, you can log in to your account to check the refund status. Please note down that this is for those who have booked their tickets through the official website or directly through the airline. In case you have booked your tickets through an online portal or a travel agent, then you will need to fill out a special form available on the airline’s website. Because of extraordinary circumstances, the refund process may take more time than usual. And once the process is complete, you will get an email or notification from the airline.Most of Scandinavian Airlines tickets are refundable but Go Smart and Go Light tic
Refund Policy and Rules within Europe
Look at the following to learn more about this:
- GO Light and GO Smart Tickets: When you have these tickets, only domestic and international fees are non-refundable and fees and taxes are refundable.
Plus Full Flex, Plus Pro, and Plus Smart Tickets: Plus Full Flex and Plus Pro are fully refundable tickets while Plus Smart can only be refunded for a fee.
Refund Policy and Rules from and to Asia and USA
Look at the following for detailed information:
- GO Smart and GO Light: Tickets and international/domestic fees are non-refundable while fees and taxes are refundable. For Japan, fuel surcharge and for US, international surcharge will be levied.
- GO Pro: This is a fully refundable ticket.
- Plus Smart and Plus Pro: Plus Pro is a fully refundable ticket while Plus Smart Pro can only be refunded for a fee.
- Business Smart and Business Pro: Business Pro is a fully refundable ticket while Business Smart can only be refunded for a fee.
Scandinavian Airlines Cancellation Policy and Refund due to Death in Family
If you cancel your flight ticket due to untimely demise of any of your family member, then the airline will help you cancel your booking and provide you with a full refund. For this, you will need to call on the Scandinavian Airlines phone number and they will assist you with the process.
Rebooking or Ticket Changing Policy and Fees of Scandinavian Airlines
You can rebook or even change most of Scandinavian Airlines tickets by paying a fee. But while changing tickets for higher fare types, you will require paying the difference amount along with the other applicable charges. Some more points have been listed here:
- Rebooking or changing fees starting at 65 Euros, USD 80, or 600 SEK/NOK/DKK per flight and person
- Tickets booked through the official website of the airline can be changed online
- You can change passenger’s name or simply transfer your ticket to another person up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure of the flight
How to Rebook Your Scandinavian Airlines Tickets?
To rebook your flight tickets with this airline, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Browse through the official website of Scandinavian Airlines
- Use your credentials i.e. user ID and password to log in to your account
- Once you logged in successfully, you will be able to see your bookings
- Now, select the booking in which you want to make the changes or you want to rebook
- Pay the difference amount if you are rebooking for a higher fare type through your preferred payment mode i.e. credit card, debit card, internet banking, wallet, etc.
- Confirm the changes before the final submission of your details In case you need more details about Scandinavian Airlines cancellation policy, refund, rebooking or change policies, it is good to connect with the dedicated team members of the airlines. For this, you can call on the Scandinavian Airlines phone number and submit your Scandinavian Airlines complaints.
Scandinavian Airlines Cancellation Policy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the frequently asked questions about Scandinavian Airlines and its cancellation policy have been answered here:
No. But for detailed information and know the policy for this, connect with the airline.
Yes. As mentioned in this post, you can cancel your booking within 24 hours of the original booking. No matter what fare has been chosen, you can do it without paying any additional amount.
Well! Legally you are entitled to get the compensation if the flight is delayed. However, it is only possible if the flight or the replacement flight is delayed for 2 or more hours. In addition to this, you can also ask for compensation if the airline cancels your flight less than 14 days of the actual departure.
To check whether you have a refundable or non-refundable ticket, you will need to visit the official website of the airline. You can also know the same by connecting with Reservations Number.
Yes, you can do it by visiting the official website https://www.flysas.com/en/ of the airline or through Reservations Number.