Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy is traveller-friendly and flexible. Passengers still would be able to retain the value of the ticket if the flight was cancelled due to the reason which is beyond the airline’s control.
To give you a glimpse of how cancellation works, we have covered all the rules that will apply when you apply for a refund, how you can change or cancel the flight due to Covid-19 travel advisor, the airline’s penalty when you purchase a different class of service, and much more.
Srilankan Airlines Flight Cancellation Rules
As per the Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy, the restricted fare does not have a refund value. You can find the restricted fare classes in the Economy as well as the Business Class. At the time of applying for a refund, an airline’s penalty would be applicable. In addition –
- Passengers applying for a cancellation within 5 hours of scheduled departure will pay a higher no-show fee or cancellation fee.
- It is solely your duty to ensure that you have all of the paperwork required by local immigration authorities at both your transit and final destination. The airline will not be held liable for any cancellation and penalties you may face as a result of your failure to obtain the requisite visa/documents. No cancellation would be permitted under this scenario.
- In case of making an itinerary change within 5 hours of departure, a higher of Srilankan Airlines cancellation fee or the no show fee will apply, alongside any applicable change fee. To know more, read the Srilankan Airlines flight change policy.
- When you cancel a partially used ticket, the airlines will deduct a one-way airfare for the used segment, the applicable taxes, and the Srilankan Airlines ticket cancellation charges.
- Passengers purchased a reservation on the srilankan.com, can conveniently cancel the flight via Srilankan Airlines manage booking section.
- Passengers can request the flight cancellation on the unused/unflown flight segment provided that the flight must be operated by the Srilankan Airlines. The flight must be operated and marketed by the airlines.
- In case of cancelled or delayed flight, passengers can claim a refund or convert the unused value in the future travel credit.
Srilankan Airlines Covid Cancellation Policy
As per the Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy, the airline offers a waiver in the change/cancellation fee if there is a change in the travel plans due to the prevailing pandemic condition.
The airline offers the flexible Srilankan Airlines flight cancellation waiver to put the passengers’s travel plans at ease.
The waiver applies to all passengers, travel route and the class of services who purchased their flight tickets through the airline’s website for travel from March 2020 onwards.
Here is the overview of the waiver if you cancel or change your travel plans –
|Applicable||Flight Cancelled?||Change Fees||Fare Difference||Taxes||No Show Fees|
|All origins and destinations||Yes||Waived||Waived||Will not Apply||Not Applicable|
|All origins and destinations||No||Waived||Will Apply||Will Apply||Will Apply|
Keep the following points in mind before securing a refund –
- Refunds are permitted but Srilankan Airlines cancellation fee shall apply.
- In case of a cancellation after the scheduled departure, a no-show fee will apply.
- All promotional and discounted fares tickets are non-refundable.
- Only the unused portion of your fare will be returned if your ticket is partially used.
- For all reservations purchased through the airline’s website, you can submit the refund request.
- Any reservation purchased through the third-party online travel agency, you may contact the original point of purchase.
Srilankan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Srilankan Airlines cancelation policy, you can get a full refund without any cancellation penalty if you cancel your booking within 24 hours. The reservation needs to be purchased through www.srilankanairlines.com as you get more flexibility. The Srilankan Airlines cancellation can be requested through the Manage Booking section. You can cancel your flight within 24 hours if –
- The flight must be operated and marketed by the Srilankan Airlines
- You need to enter the booking reference and the passenger’s last name to process the flight cancellation online.
- To get the full refund, the departure must be at least 7 days away while cancelling the reservation.
- Do not fill the refund request form if you intend to cancel the flight within 24 hours using this feature.
- If the 24-hour cancellation request is received after the 24-hour period has passed after the booking was made, the applicable Srilankan Airlines cancellation fee will apply.
How to Cancel Srilankan Airlines Ticket?
Passengers can cancel the flight ticket online through the airline’s website or by calling the airline’s customer service phone number.
Method 1: Srilankan Airlines Cancel Flight Online
You can cancel the flight through the Srilankan Airlines manage booking section. Reservations that are purchased through the airline’s website are qualified for the online cancellation. Follow these steps to cancel your flight online –
- Visit www.srilankanairlines.com and select the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference number and the passenger’s family name.
- On the reservations summary page, select the flight segments that you like to cancel.
- Check to see the refund amount that your booking is qualified for.
- To cancel your flight, confirm your selection, and the airline will process the refund in the original method of payment.
Method 2: Srilankan Airlines Cancel Booking Via Call
You can cancel the flight by seeking the assistance of the Srilankan Airlines flight executive. Call the Srilankan Airlines cancellation phone number at +1-877-311-7484. You can call airlines to cancel or rebook the flight under the following circumstances –
- Reservation purchased through the third-party online travel agency or purchased at the airline sales ticket office.
- Flight reservations that were cancelled or disrupted by the airlines.
- Reservations include more than 1 passenger, and you need to request cancellation for an individual or selected passengers.
- Reservations that include promotional fares or booked as an airline’s staff.
Srilankan Airlines Refund Policy
As per the Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy, the airline will offer the refund on the unused portion of the flight ticket. In addition –
- The airline will offer the refund to the passenger named in the ticket or the person who purchased the flight ticket on the behalf of any passenger. Both the parties need to present the satisfactory proof of payment while claiming a refund.
- If the flight ticket is purchased by someone other than the Passenger identified on the booking and the booking specifies a refund restriction, the airline will issue a refund to the person who purchased the ticket.
- In the event where the airlines cancels a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, fail to stop at your destination or stopover, downgrade your class of travel, or cause you to miss a connecting flight for which you have a reservation, you are entitled to claim a refund of the following amount:
- No portion of the ticket is used and a full refund would be provided.
- In case the travel class is downgraded, the airlines will offer a refund of the difference between the fare paid for the downgraded flight segment and the applicable fare for the actual class of travel.
- If a portion of the fare is used, the airline will offer the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for the travel between the points for which the flight segment is flown.
- If a refund request is not submitted within one year of the original ticket issuing date, the airline will retain the right to not offer any refund.
- The airline will not offer any refund after the expiry of the validity of the ticket.
Srilankan Airlines Cancellation Fee
As per the Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy, the cancellation penalty will be applicable outside the 24 hours, and the fee differs with the class of service –
Domestic travel –
|Flights within Sri Lanka||Economy Class||Business Class|
|Cancellation fee in USD||125||175|
|No-show cancellation||Not permitted||225|
International travel –
|Flights outside Sri Lanka||Economy Class||Business Class|
|Cancellation fee in USD||150||200|
|No-show cancellation||Not permitted||300|
Srilankan Airlines cancellation policy are customer-friendly and flexible. The airline will release you from the obligation of using their services if the situation generated is beyond your control. That being said, it is important to carefully read through the airline’s cancellation guidelines before making an informed decision on flying with this airline. Also, it would also serve as a good practice if you read through the company’s refund policies to find out how much money is going to be deducted from your account in case you cancel or delay your flight.
Srilankan Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Submit your review