Remember the days when we had to go round about all the hassle-filled processes to make simple changes to our tickets? Well, unlike the old times, you can now make any changes that you wish without any trouble. Etihad Airways is one of the most flexible airlines in terms of rules and conditions. Out of all the amazingly crafted policies, the best one still remains the Etihad Flight change policy.
In this fast-moving world, we do not have that much time to surf the internet simply to learn about the changes. If you wish to have all the relevant solutions to your questions in one place, read the following Etihad flight change policy.
Key Highlights Of Etihad Change Policy
The airline has set a sequential rule for the changes, making it easy for the passengers to make any modifications easily. Having end-moment mind changes is very normal, especially when we are planning the trip in advance. Do not worry, you can alter your tickets as per your desire.
- Following the Etihad flight change policy, the passengers are blessed with the liberty to make any changes to their tickets for free. The only condition is that the changes must be done within 24 hours of booking.
- The passengers would have to pay the difference in flight fare even if the changes are done in a risk-free period. Etihad flight change charges would be implied if the changes are made after a day of booking.
- The changes in tickets must be done in the same way in which the passengers have booked their tickets. The airline does not allow you to swap the ways of making the changes.
- If the passengers are involving agents in the process, they must contact the agents directly. The airline would not allow the passengers to change their tickets directly online.
- In the case of group bookings, the passengers can separate the individual tickets from the group tickets. They can also get in touch with the executives to make the group changes.
- The airline has the complete right to remove the complimentary class upgrade if the passengers are making any changes in their flights.
Etihad Airways Date Change Rules
If you have an important situation that needs urgent attention, you can change your date of travel and take the flight in Etihad sometimes later. Here is everything you need to know before making the date change.
- Etihad Airways change ticket date can be done in several ways, both online and offline. You can make the changes for free and reschedule your date up to 1 year from booking.
- If you do not change your date on the ticket before 72 hours of departure, the Etihad date change penalty would be levied on you.
- While making the date changes, the airline can cancel any complimentary service provided in the previous flight. You cannot demand to receive the same services.
- Etihad date change charges depend on the time of change, the class of ticket purchased etc.
Etihad Airways Change Seat Rules
The constant battle between the window seat or the aisle seat is endless. If you chose the wrong seat earlier and wish to change it, go on and do that with an easy seat change policy.
- You can choose your seats in Etihad Airways as per your wish during the time of booking the tickets. You can also change Etihad seats online if you do not like the previous one.
- If you do not choose any seat during the time of booking, the airline would allot you with any seat as per the availability. You can contact the ground staff in case of any end-minute changes.
- The airline has reserved some seats specifically in case of emergency. You cannot reserve emergency seats unless you fall into the emergency criteria yourself.
Etihad Airways Name Change Rules
Making mistakes are normal, that’s exactly what makes us human beings. The excitement of booking the tickets makes us mistype, in those cases, you need not worry.
- You can change your misspelt name or the last name on your ticket without any hassle. However, if you wish to change the name on the ticket entirely and transfer it, the airline would restrict it.
- If you are making the changes to your entire name, you would have to pay the Etihad name change fee for the same.
- You can only make the name changes when the airline has gone through the documents and approved the changes accordingly.
- Passengers making changes in a name for more than 3 characters would have to pay a fee to get it done by the airline.
Etihad Airways Meal Change Rules
Is it time for a lip-smacking appetizer or a fulfilling English breakfast? You can even modify your meals without any hassle.
- The airline provides you with the liberty to choose your meal at the time of bookings. You can change the meals for free if the changes are made within a day.
- You can change the meal up to 24 hours before the departure in order to let the airline accommodate the changes.
- If the airline is providing you with a complimentary meal, you cannot make any changes to it. For alcoholic beverages, you might be charged extra as per the rate mentioned in the catalogue.
Etihad Flight Change Charges
If you wish to enjoy the flexibility of the airline, you would have to bind yourself to some limitations too. In this case, the limitations come in the form of a change fee. Any delay in the risk-free period would impose a certain fee as per Etihad change flight policy.
- Cancellation charges immensely depend on the factors such as the duration of change, the class of the ticket and the destination.
- To make any changes in name, date, seat or destination, the passengers would have to pay a fee of 150 AED depending on the circumstances.
- The change fee is usually more for domestic flights than international flights. The passengers must not mistake the change fee for the difference in flight fares.
- If the passengers are deciding to make the changes via the Global contact Centre or the nearest ticket office, they would have to pay a service fee of 50 to 70 AED.
Easy Ways To Make Changes To Your Etihad Ticket
There is only a little that you miss out on while booking a flight ticket with Etihad Airways. Think of all the possible ways you can book your tickets in. Yes, all the ways. Etihad flight change policy has diversified its rules for passenger comfort.
Change Etihad Airways Flight Ticket Online
- Open the search bar and browse the official website of the airline. https://www.etihad.com/
- On the top left side of the homepage, you can find a “Manage” section.
- Click on the option while you get redirected to some other page.
- Enter your Booking Reference Number and your Last Name, click on the “Find My Booking” option.
- The airline would fetch your flight details and display all the options.
- You can finally make any changes as per your wish. You would have to pay a small flight difference fee after saving the changes.
- The airline would send you a confirmation regarding the same. A new ticket would be released to your email ID following the protocols of the Etihad flight change policy.
Change Etihad Airways Ticket Via Global Contact Centre
Are you someone who relies more on help when it comes to making changes? Well, we get it and so does the airline. You can make the changes with professional assistance by getting in touch with the Global Contact Centre of Etihad Airways.
- Dial etihad change flight contact number at +1-877-311-7484
- Get in touch with an executive regarding changes to your ticket.
- Tell your PNR number and name to the executive to fetch the flight details.
- Make sure to be as elaborative as possible. The executive would check the eligibility and inform you whether you can make the changes or not.
- If you are eligible, the executives would ask you to pay the flight difference before making the changes.
- As soon as the changes are made, you would receive a new ticket with all the modifications as per the Etihad flight change policy.
Change Etihad Flight Ticket At The Airport
And at the end, nothing can beat the old holistic approach of walking down to the airport to make the changes. Follow these simple steps to know about the process.
- Walk down to the nearest Etihad Ticket centre at the airport.
- Try to find an executive who would be assisting you with the changes.
- Provide your PNR number and the last name to the customer support executives.
- If you have taken any document to support the changes (in the name), give it to the executive. They would tell you about Etihad Airlines change charges if any.
- Voila! The changes would be made in a snap of a finger.
Changing your flight ticket in this way would require you to pay a small service fee.
Frequently Asked Questions About Etihad Flight Change Policy
Yes. As per the Etihad Airways flight change policy, you can make any name changes to your ticket. However, only the misspelt name can be corrected. You cannot change the name entirely and transfer it to someone else.
If you have made a mistake while booking their tickets, you can submit documentation that displays your real name. The airline would go through the documents and allow the changes accordingly.
As per Etihad Flight change policy, the passengers can surely change their date of travel as per their convenience. While making any changes in the date, the passengers must pay the difference in flight fee per the new flight fare.
Etihad Airways flight change policy states if a passenger misses out on the risk-free change window, they would have to pay somewhere around 150 AED. The change fee depends on various factors such as the time of change, the destination and the sort of ticket purchased.
Etihad Airways provides all the facilities for your comfort. However, as per the Etihad flight change policy, you can only make the modifications via the source of booking. Meaning, if you have booked the tickets online, you can make the modifications online.
If you are involving the agents in the booking process, the airline is not responsible for making any changes for you. In this case, you can try contacting your agents to make the changes directly.
Etihad Airways provides a free change window of 24 hours which allows the passengers to make free changes within a day of booking. Missing out on the risk-free change period would result in paying an additional amount to the airline.
Passengers with Basic Fare, Premier Fare and Business Fare would not have to pay a single penny for making any changes to their tickets. For classic fare, the passengers would have to pay some fee.
If the airline has given you any complimentary class upgrade in your previous flight, it can even cancel it in case of any changes. The passengers have no right to question the action as the service was complimentary.
Yes. Following the Etihad flight change policy, the passengers can make any changes in their seats as per their desire. The passengers can also choose their seats as per their desire before checking in.
Yes. You can make the changes in destinations and source location at your convenience. The airline allows a free change window which would assure free change without any hassle.
Changing destination is quite hard if you are planning to change your domestic flight ticket to an international ticket. You would have to bear the flight difference fee between the two flights.
Yes. The airline is following every safety measure to ditch the chances of COVID. The passengers would be provided with face shields and masks in the airline while taking the flight.
The passengers would also have to take an RT PCR test up to 48 hours prior to the departure date. Regular sanitisation and social distancing are practised to assure the safety of the passengers.
Submit your review