In the following guide, we bring to you Lufthansa flight change policy in layman’s terms to help you change tickets quickly while also saving you extra bucks. Here we go:
Rules To Change a Flight on Lufthansa
Passengers who have booked flights with Lufthansa should be aware of the airline’s flight change policies since it could be needed during the flight change phase. Keep reading to understand each aspect of Lufthansa flight change policy in layman’s term:
- The passenger who is making changes to their scheduled flight within 24 hours of booking will not be required to pay Lufthansa change fees.
- As per the Lufthansa flight change policy, a passenger can make one free change to their scheduled flight if the travel dates are on or before May 31, 2021.
- The airline will not entertain change requests if the check-in process has already been finished by the passenger.
- Passengers can make free changes to their booked tickets if the airline changes the flight departure date.
- The Lufthansa flight change policy states that requests for flight alterations made outside of the allotted channels are not available for modifications even though the passenger has a refundable fare ticket.
- To make a Lufthansa change flight request, the passenger must have a legitimate ticket obtained via official channels.
- The airline will forfeit ticket fare if the change request is made within 30 minutes of the flight departure.
- As per the Lufthansa flight change policy, a passenger with a non-refundable ticket must make changes to their scheduled flight during the risk-free time. Following that, the airline will charge the full ticket fare as the Lufthansa change fee.
Risk-free Change Period
- The airline has a 24-hour risk-free window during which you can make free changes to your booked ticket.
- For a free change, you must have a valid ticket purchased from the authorized platforms.
- As per the Lufthansa flight change policy, the flight change request made outside the allotted platforms will not be considered by the airline even if the request is made within 24 hours of booking.
- Lufthansa Airlines may charge a certain amount as change fees if the passenger fails to make changes to their scheduled ticket in the allotted time (Risk-free Change Period).
Lufthansa Same Day Change
In the event of an emergency, you may need to make changes to your planned ticket on the same day of departure. As a backup, you should be familiar with the Lufthansa same day change service. Read the following to learn the clauses associated with the Lufthansa same day change flight policy.
- The airline will not consider the name change request made on the same day of departure.
- As per the Lufthansa same day change flight policy, the passenger can make changes to their flight departure date and time by paying change fees.
- The airline will forfeit ticket fare as Lufthansa same day change flight fees if the ticket is purchased from third-party agents.
- Lufthansa same day change service is not available for passengers traveling with non-refundable and promo tickets.
- According to the Lufthansa change flight policy, passengers with non-refundable tickets are not permitted to use the Lufthansa same-day change service.
- Passengers who purchased their tickets on the same day of departure would not be eligible for Lufthansa same day change service.
Lufthansa Change Fees
Passengers who make modifications to their booked flights after 24 hours of booking must pay a charge to Lufthansa as a change fee. Continue reading to discover more about the Lufthansa change fees structure:
- Passengers who make changes to their tickets outside of the risk-free time must pay EUR 50/70 CHF/ USD 60 as Lufthansa change fees.
- When the passengers upgrade seats, they need to pay the difference in price as well as Lufthansa change fees based on the fare types.
- Passengers will be charged €150/220 CHF as Lufthansa change fees for modifications made on the day of departure.
- The airline will waive the Lufthansa change fees if the passenger makes changes to schedule tickets for medical emergencies.
- As per the Lufthansa flight change policy, passengers with non-refundable tickets are not permitted to change their flights. If the traveler continues to make changes for the same the whole ticket cost will be charged as Lufthansa change fees.
- The traveler is not required to pay Lufthansa change fees for the flight that was cancelled by the airline.
What changes are permitted by Lufthansa Airlines?
The airline allows passengers to change their name, departure date, flight number, seat, class cabin for a fee. However, before making any changes, keep the following points in mind:
- Passengers can make modifications to their scheduled flights till the day of departure.
- When you want to change a passenger or a co-passenger name, you must pay the Lufthansa change fee based on the fare types.
- The Lufthansa flight change policy states that if you change your flight date or time on the same day of booking the airline will not charge change fees.
- Changes made to passenger names outside the risk-free period will incur change fees. The fees will be determined after reviewing the Lufthansa Airlines name change policy.
- According to the Lufthansa ticket change policy, if you upgrade your seat then you need to pay the difference amount as well as change fees.
How to Change Flights in Lufthansa?
You have two ways to change the flight date, destination, and passenger name in Lufthansa. Both ways are easy and simple to implement. Choose one of the ways as per your suitability to make desired changes to your scheduled tickets.
Change Lufthansa Flight Online
Changing your flight date, destination, and passenger name via online mode is a wonderful way to save money on service costs. The online method gives you a chance to make changes to your scheduled ticket while staying at home. Implement the following steps to make changes to your scheduled flight using online methods:
- Choose a suitable mode (official website or mobile app).
- Complete the account authentication process by using account login credentials.
- Tap on the Manage booking tab.
- Fill the required field with mentioning confirmation code and passenger last name.
- Make desired changes to your planned ticket.
- Review the changes and submit the Lufthansa change flight form by tapping on the confirm tab.
- Pay the Lufthansa change fees via Debit card, Credit card, or e-wallets.
- Once the payment is done, you will get a confirmation mail on your registered email id.
Lufthansa Change Flight Offline
To make desired modifications to your planned ticket via offline modes, you need to reach the officials through the customer service number +1-877-311-7484 or visit the nearest Lufthansa center. The customer service representatives are available to assist you in the changing process. For this, you simply need to implement the following steps:
- Select the mode as per your wish (Lufthansa flight change phone number or airport center).
- Share all the required details to fill the Lufthansa change flight form.
- Review the input.
- The agent will review the form and check your eligibility.
- Pay the service fee, change fee, and difference amount (if upgraded ticket type or seat cabin).
- When the payment procedure is complete, the airline will send a confirmation email to your registered email id along with the new e-ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Lufthansa Change Flight Policy
You have multiple options to change your Lufthansa flight. Some are mentioned here: Lufthansa Airlines official website, mobile app, customer service number, airline counters, and sales offices.
Yes. You can change your flight by paying the applicable change fees. By implementing the Lufthansa change flight policy, the value of the change fees will be calculated.
The airline will charge USD 35 to 150 for changing your flight with Lufthansa. However, the Lufthansa change fee may vary depending on the fare type you hold.
Yes. The Lufthansa flight change phone number +1-877-311-7484 is operated on the weekends.
To change seats on Lufthansa over the phone, dial the customer service number +1-877-311-7484, set the language, ask the agent to fill the Lufthansa change seats form on your behalf, and pay the Lufthansa change fees with service fees.
Yes. You can change your return flight date with Lufthansa.
You must speak with Lufthansa officials to change your meal choices. The airline may charge a premium for it or include the meal as a complimentary service.
Yes. You can change your name by paying Lufthansa ticket name change fees.
To change flights at the airport counter, you need to fill out the change form with sharing necessary information and pay the Lufthansa change fee based on your fare type.
Submit your review