View your booking through Alaska Airlines manage booking tab that also helps you with flight changes/cancellations, add/update your personal details, redeem your flight credit, complete the airline’s check-in, and much more.
In this article, we will help you with how you can utilise the services under the Alaska airlines manage my trip section, the terms and conditions associated with it, the fees related to each and every service, and much more.
Alaska Airlines Manage Flight Options
When you access your booking through Alaska airlines flight manage option, you can:
Change Flight via Manage Booking Section
Things happen, and you may need to change your travel plans. All things can happen with the Alaska manage booking page.
At a time of making a change to your booking –
- Check the fare rules for any restrictions and the airline’s penalty.
- Check to see if your booking can be altered online.
- Change your booking through the Alaska Airlines Manage Booking page.
Here are certain things that you need to know before making the flight changes –
- Check your fare rules for any additional conditions that are applicable for your booking and the airlines’s fees associated with your booking. It’s possible that you’ll have to pay a fare difference as well.
- Any modifications you make to your flights will affect every passenger on your reservation. In case you want to change individual passengers’ flights, you must request to split the PNR. The affected passengers will be added to a new booking with a new booking reference, and you will be able to make the necessary changes.
- Any passengers who do not have access to the online changes, can call the Alaska Airlines reservations phone number.
Requesting Flight Change through Manage Booking Section
If your fare conditions allow it , you may be able to make these changes online. You may be charged a fee, and any modifications to your reservation may result in a fare difference.
This table contains a list of booking types as well as date and time adjustments that can typically be made online, subject to fare rules.
|Date and time changes||Domestic bookings||International bookings|
|Bookings made online or through your local Alaska Airlines office||Yes||Yes|
|One way or return bookings||Yes||Yes|
|If you no show for a flight||No||No|
|Bookings which include airline partners||No||Yes|
|Flight departure within 24 hours||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple changes permitted – before travel has commenced||Yes||Yes|
|Partially travelled bookings – can only be changed online once||Yes||Yes|
|Classic Flight Reward combined with non-Classic Flight Reward||No||No|
|Unaccompanied minor bookings||No||No|
How to Change the Booking Online?
once you decide to alter your flights, simply –
- Retrieve your booking by entering the booking confirmation number and the last name of the passenger.
- Select the ‘Change button’ next to the flight segment panel.
Make changes to your flights and accept change fee and/or fare difference, if applicable. To know more about the airline’s change penalty, read the Alaska airlines flight change policy.
Alaska Flight Cancellation Via Manage Booking
Things may not always go as planned, as you can cancel the flight through the Alaska Airlines manage booking section. Here are the certain important points that you should know before requesting the flight cancellation –
- Check the conditions that apply to your Fare Type before cancelling your reservation. When you’re not sure what sort of reservation you have, go to Manage booking and look at the flight details to check the fare basis or conditions.
- When you cancel your flight, any seats, extra baggage, or vehicle rental reservations you made will be cancelled as well.
- Every passenger in your reservation is subject to cancellation when requested online. In case, you want to cancel an individual passengers’ flights, you must request to split the PNR. The affected passengers will be added to a new booking with a new booking reference, and you will be able to make the necessary cancellation.
How to Cancel Alaska Airlines Flight Booking?
When a flight is booked through the airline’s website, you can cancel the booking through the Alaska Airlines manage trip section. The steps include –
- In Manage Booking, you may call up your reservation. Your booking reference, which can be found on your confirmation email, will be required.
- If you’re an Alaska frequent flyer, you can access Manage Booking by logging in to My Account, then going to flight booking and selecting ‘Manage.’
- Select the flight segments that you would like to cancel.
- Select the ‘Cancel flight’ button next to the flight segment panel.
- Check to see the airline’s penalty applicable at the time of cancellation. To know more about the airline’s penalty and fare conditions, read Alaska Airlines cancellation policy.
Redeem a Flight Credit in Alaska Airlines
A flight credit would be issued by the airlines to retain the value of the booking for the future purchase on your travel. All can be done with the Alaska Airlines manage booking section.
Redeem your flight credit – Enter the booking reference and your last name in the Alaska Airlines manage my trip section to redeem your Flight Credit. To book your flights, click the ‘Find Flights’ tab once the credit information has been presented. In addition –
- When redeeming your flight credit, only fares that you can book with it will be displayed. When your Flight Credit can only be used for fares of equal or greater value, the fares offered may differ from those displayed on the airline’s website.
- Your booking reference is made up of letters and digits and is six characters long. This reference is almost always the same as your initial booking reference.
- You can review the balance of the flight credit at the Alaska manage booking page.
Change/Correct Passenger’s Name on Ticket
Through Alaska airlines manage your trip section, you have the possibility of correcting a name on the booking when you committed a typo error. Depending on the type of correction and the travel route, the airline will reissue the flight.
The terms and conditions, as per the Alaska Airlines name change policy, include –
- Alaska will permit the name correction for one time only per passenger.
- Name correction will be applicable on the flights operated by the Alaska airlines only.
- The name correction is applicable on the unused flight segment.
- Legal name changes, as well as omissions of the surname or first name, require supporting evidence/documentation.
Follow this process to correct the name –
- Retrieve your booking through the My Trip section.
- Select the name of the passenger that needs to be altered. You can correct up to 4 characters in the first name, middle name or last name.
- Enter the correct name in the relevant field, and save changes.
- Complete the payment process. The airlines will process the name correction, and the new booking confirmation with the correct passenger name will be sent on your registered email.
Purchase Extra Baggage
Passengers can carry more than the allotted baggage allowance, as they can purchase the excess baggage through Alaska air manage flight section. You can pre-purchase the additional baggage up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. In addition –
- The additional baggage fee would be applicable on the flights operated and marketed by the Alaska airlines.
- In case, your flight is operated by the other airlines, different baggage rules may apply.
- For international flights, the excess baggage fee per passenger is 100 USD.
- Overweight baggage fee applies to the Economy Class only.
- Passengers are allowed a maximum of five pieces or 100 kg at a time.
- A single piece of checked luggage must not exceed 32kg in weight or 158cm in length, width, and height.
To know more about the baggage rules and dimensions, read the Alaska Airlines baggage policy.
To purchase the excess baggage –
- Login to the ‘Manage Booking’ section, and retrieve your reservation with the booking credentials.
- After retrieving your booking, go to the right panel and click “Purchase Excess Baggage” to buy excess baggage online.
Choose/Upgrade Seats with Manage Booking Section
Depending on the class of the service, and the trip type, you would be able to choose the seat in advance, and is subject to a fee. Seat selection is possible once you access the booking through the Alaska Airlines manage my booking section. Here’s how it works –
- Suite, first class or business class – After you book a flight, select the seats for free up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Premium economy class – You can reserve seats for free in advance. For a charge, you can upgrade to an Extra Legroom Seat if you want to fly in more luxury.
- Economy class – You may reserve a seat in advance for free or for a cost, depending on the fare type you select. Alternatively, when online check-in begins 48 hours before your flight, you can als choose any available Economy Class seat for free.
Print or Email Your Itinerary
You can access the copy of your flight confirmation, payment receipts, and past booking history through the Alaska Airlines manage booking section.
Enter your booking confirmation number and the last name in the given field, you can see a list of the trips purchased. You can pull up the travel itinerary you need. A printer icon may be seen in the top right corner, which can be used to make a copy of your itinerary.
How to Access Alaska Airlines Flight Manage Booking Page?
To access your reservation, you can access the airline’s website or through the airline’s customer service team.
Alaska Airlines Manage My Booking Online
All of your travel needs can be managed online. If you have a special diet, or you need wheelchair access, upgrade your seat, and add a hotel or vehicle hire to your reservation. You can also arrange Chauffeur-driven services or you can upgrade the class of service. To access our booking –
- Visit alaskaair.com and navigate to the Manage section.
- Retrieve your booking by entering the booking confirmation number and the last name of the passenger.
- You can subscribe to any service under the manage booking section, as per your travel preference.
Alaska Air Manage Booking Phone Number
Passengers can access the reservation or change/cancel the flight or purchase any travel essential by calling the Alaska Airlines management team phone number at +1-877-311-7484. An airline’s penalty or standard fare would be applicable, depending upon the travel needs.
Alaska Air Manage Flight Booking Fee
There is so much you can do with the Alaska Airlines manage booking tool and you can take control of the journey in just taps. It’s easy to secure, and you can have the control on your booking, and is subject to the fees, such as –
|Services under manage booking tool||Airline’s penalty (in USD)||Fare difference (if any)|
|Change flight||75 for domestic travel. 200 for international travel||Yes|
|Cancel flight||75 for domestic travel. 200 for international travel||No|
|Select a seat||Chargeable for Economy Class||No|
|Update email and contact||Free||No|
|Excess baggage allowance||100 for each additional piece||No|
|Redeem a flight credit||No airline penalty||Yes|
Alaska Airlines Manage Booking is a feature which allows you to add value to your flight booking at any time. This enables you to change or cancel the flight with no penalty. It also gives you the opportunity to add extra legroom seats and add baggage among other choices.
Alaska Airlines Manage Your Trip – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Submit your review