British Airways manage booking tab make everything convenient as it puts the passenger in control. Now you can easily manage your booking online by choosing the seat, adding the required meals and special services, making changes or cancellation to your existing booking or even changing your destination. Not just that, you can save time at the airport by paying the excess baggage fee in advance.
In this article, we will cover all the services available under the BA manage my booking section, how you can avail these services, the airline’s charges to add these services on your travel and much more.
British Airways Manage My Booking Option
Travel plans don’t always go as planned. We have covered all the essential information you need to access the British Airways manage flight services.
Change flight with BA Manage My Booking Tab
With the British Airways manage booking section you can change the date/time/destination of your booking, if the fare rule permits. You can change the flight in easy steps –
- Visit britishairways.com, and navigate to the Manage My Booking section.
- Enter the booking reference and the last name of the passenger.
- Once you access the reservation, select the flight segment you wish to change, and click the ‘Change’ tab.
- Enter the new flight date/time/ destination, and select the new flight option, subject to availability.
- Pay the required change fee and the fare difference at the checkout age, and confirm the new changes to your booking.
As per the British Airways flight change policy, the terms and conditions include –
- The online flight changes would be applicable on the resevtions purchased via BritishAirways.com.
- The flight must be operated by the British Airways.
- Passengers need to complete the flights online up to 3 hours before departure for international flights, and 2 hours prior for flights within the UK.
- You would only be able to alter your flight booking if there are seats available on your new chosen flight.
- Flight changes are subject to the airline’s penalty and the applicable fare difference if the price of the new fare is higher than the existing fare.
Cancel flight Ticket with Manage British Airways Booking
British Airways manage my flight tab to help you cancel the booking provided that the reservation must be completed through the airline’s website. To cancel –
- Go to britishairways.com, and navigate to the ‘Manage My Flight’ section.
- Enter the booking details such as PNR and the passenger’s last name in the required field.
- On the flight summary page, choose the flight segment or itinerary that you would like to change.
- Once you proceed towards the cancellation, the refund amount would be displayed on the screen.
- Confirm your selection, and the airline will process the refund in the same method as used at the time of booking.
As per the British Airways cancellation policy, the terms and conditions include –
- No cancellation is permitted within 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- To cancel the reservation online, the British Airways booking must be purchased through the airline’s website or through the airline’s customer service.
- In the event of a cancellation, the airline will retain the remaining amount as a credit against a future flight that must be used by the same passenger within one year of the date of payment.
- If you have purchased the flight within 24 hours of booking, no cancellation fee is charged and the full refund can be obtained by the passenger.
- Discounted fare, military fare and promotional fare are not eligible for cancellation through the British Airways manage reservation section.
British Airways Online check-in
The web check-in starts 24 hours before the scheduled departure as you can complete the said request through the British Airways manage booking section. In addition –
- Select the seats and an any special service
- Print download and email the boarding pass.
- If you forget to print your boarding, you can use the check-in kiosk at the airport
To complete the online check-in –
- Visit the airline’s website and go to the Manage Booking section.
- Enter the booking details to access your reservation.
- Select the flight segment and click on the ‘Check-in’ tab.
- Select the seats and add meals to your reservation.
- Confirm your details to generate the boarding pass.
Before completing the online check-in,review the British Airways check-in policy.
Manage British Airways Booking for Pre-purchase Baggage
You can pay to extend the baggage allowance using British Airways Manage My Booking. By preparing ahead and taking advantage of our online discount, you may save money on our airport costs.
Before pre-purchase the additional baggage allowance, you should take a note of the following information –
- The service is available on the British Airways operated flights.
- Excess baggage charges will apply online as well as at the airport for any baggage in excess to your allowance.
- No single item of checked baggage exceeds more than 23 kg.
- Either add the excess baggage at the time of flight booking or pre-purchase via the manage booking tab.
- Passengers can purchase up to 35 kg of weight-based baggage allowance, and the total weight of the baggage must not exceed 80 kg for the international flight.
- You can carry no more than 5 additional baggage for the international flights, and 3 additional baggage for the domestic flight.
- In case where the booking is cancelled, the amount of excess baggage purchased under this scheme is fully refunded.
- If a traveller has a return flight and wishes to purchase prepaid excess baggage for the out-bound and in-bound flight segments on his PNR, they will have to make two separate transactions to pay the additional baggage fee.
To know the baggage fees and dimensions, read the British Airways baggage policy.
British Airways Manage My Booking Choose Seat
With the British Airways manage booking section, you would be able to choose your seat for free or for a fee, depending upon the fare rules. If you have an existing booking, follow these steps –
- Log in to the ‘Manage Booking’ section to retrieve your booking details.
- Under the booking summary page, click on the flight segment, and navigate to the flight number associated with your travel.
- A pop-up seat map wl be displayed. You can view or change seats and follow the on-screen instructions.
Seat Selection fee – whether the seat selection is free or subject to a fee depends upon the number of factors such –
- Domestic or international travel
- You are booking for standard/extra legroom or exit row seats.
- Class of service
Any passenger who has booked a Basic Economy fare would be charged a seat selection fee under any circumstances. Passengers who have purchased the fare for premium class may not be charged a fee.
Please see whether you are a member of one of the following groups, some of which are entitled to complimentary seating.
Seating in First Class – The seat selection in the First Class is included in the airfare, as you can choose the seats for free at the time of purchase or check-in.
Executive Club members – Depending on the tier, the members of the Executive Club oneworld would be able to choose the seats at the different stages.
Seat selection for flexible and semi-flexible fares – Plus Flex fare allows you to choose the seats for free at the time of booking. Flex fare allows you to choose seats up to 48 hours prior to the departure.
Change/Correct Name in Your Booking
A name correction is available for reservations with minor misspellings or typos and can be requested through the British Airways manage booking section. The most important thing is that the name on your reservation and ticket corresponds to the name on your passport or government-issued photo ID. All you need to do is –
- Access your booking through the British Airways manage your booking link.
- On the reservation page, select the name of the passenger that needs to be corrected.
- You can correct up to 3 characters in the first name, middle name or last name.
- Enter the correct name, and attach the soft copy of the photo ID.
- Complete the payment process, and save changes.
To change the name legally, the request cannot be entertained online; rather passengers need to call the airline’s contact centre at +1-877-311-7484.
As per the British Airways name change policy, you should review the following terms and conditions
- Because tickets cannot be transferred, you will not be able to transfer your ticket to another individual by totally changing the name. In this case, passengers need to cancel the flight, claim a refund on the existing booking, and then purchase a new ticket.
- The airlines would gladly make name changes to your ticket at no cost to you. To show you are the same individual, we only need to see supporting evidence, such as your marriage certificate. Fare difference may apply.
- It’s fine to travel under your maiden name if you’re on your honeymoon or get married while you’re away. No need to request the name change/correction on your ticket.
- The name correction is only applicable on the flight segment operated and marketed by British Airways.
View, Print or Email Your Itinerary
Passengers can view and retrieve your flight reservation through British Airways manage my booking section. To access the existing reservation –
- Log in with your booking credentials at the Manage My Booking page.
- On the Flight Change tab, click on ‘Resend the itinerary’ link to have the printable booking confirmation sent to your registered email address.
Additional Services of British Airways Manage Trip Section
Passengers can get many additional services by using BA manage my booking tab such as vacation packages, car or vehicle on rent. Here are the details about the services:
BA Vacations: The British Airways manage my trip section lets you add the car rental and the hotel. The add-ons offered by the airlines are cost-effective and easy to book. The airline takes care of the maths so you don’t have to. The vacation package includes your checked baggage allotment, no matter where you go. All this can be available at fantastic bargains, you can discover the best for less.
Add Car Rental: When you book your car rental with British Airways manage booking tab, you’ll get the best fares, advantages, and Avios awards on every booking. Find the automobile that best fits your itinerary, whether you’re looking for a convenient holiday rental or planning the end-to-end travel. In addition –
- Hire a car with Budget or Avis and take advantage of low rates and flexibility, including a variety of vehicle types and pick-up and drop-off locations.
- All obligatory fees are included, as well as the added peace of mind of 24-hour customer service and roadside assistance.
- Pre-booking a variety of useful extras such as child seats, GPS navigation, winter equipment such as snow tyres or chains, and Premium Cover will save you money on excess costs.
- Avis also offers Executive Club members a complimentary chauffeur service and fast-track priority service counters.
How to Navigate British Airways Manage My Booking Section?
You can amend your flight, cancel your flight, choose seats, perform flight check-in and much more through the British Airways flight manage tab on the airline’s website. You can also access the manage booking features by calling the airline’s global contact centre.
British Airways Manage Booking Online
The Manage My Booking offers numerous features and essential travel services to make sure you have a smooth and the most comfortable trip as possible. All you need to do is –
- Browse www.britishairways.com, and select the Manage My Booking section.
- Enter the family name and the booking reference in the required field to access your reservation.
- On the booking confirmation page, you can seek assistance for the following services –
- Cancel/change your reservation.
- Seat selection.
- Add meals.
- View, and print your itinerary.
- Online check-in.
- Add hotel and/or car rental to your existing flight segment.
- Pre-purchase additional baggage allowance.
- Name changes/correction.
- Check real-time updates on the departure and arrival schedule.
- Business Class or First Class upgrade.
Manage British Airways Booking Via Phone Number
Passengers who are unable to access the manage booking features online, or passengers who are holding a restricted fare, can access the reservation through the British Airways customer service phone number at +1-877-311-7484.
BA Manage My Booking Fee
Most of the services included in the British Airways manage my trip section are subject to the airline’s penalty while certain services are available at standard tariffs, such as –
|Manage My Booking Services||Airline’s penalty or fee (in USD)||Fare Difference|
|Change Flight for domestic travel||150||Yes|
|Change Flight for international travel||250||Yes|
|Cancel flight for domestic travel||200||Not applicable|
|Cancel flight for international travel||300||Not applicable|
|Seat Selection||Cost depends on the fare ruele||Not applicable|
|Name Correction for domestic travel||200||Yes|
|Name Correction for international travel||250||Yes|
|Add Car Rental||Price depends upon the service provider||Not applicable|
|Add Hotel||Price depends upon the service provider||Not applicable|
|Print Boarding Pass||Free||Not applicable|
British Airways makes it easy to manage your reservation and gives you a lot of travel highlights to choose from. If your travel plans are with this airline, then explore each of these services to make the most of them.
British Airways Manage Trip – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Submit your review
I needed to make a few amendments with British Airways manage my booking feature. I thought it would be a really smooth process. But I had no idea that I had to follow so many things to make changes on my flight. Firstly, I was asked to provide my booking reference number as well as my flight details. My flight was scheduled for 22nd September 2021. So, I mentioned that along with the timings. Then I had to provide the reasons why I needed to make changes to my flight. I guess the provider could have been a little lenient regarding the manage booking process. Overall, I managed my booking successfully via the website method.