With Qatar Airways manage booking section, you can manage your booking and enhance your experience with additional services like –
- Exchange or refund on the flight
- Request seats
- Complete web check-in
- Upgrade your flight
- Request a wheelchair
- Add hotel, and car rental
In this article, we will help you understand how you can add the additional services to your reservation, and considerations you should be aware of before utilising a Qatar manage booking age.
Qatar Airways Manage My Booking Features
You may get access to your booking details at any moment, buy extra baggage or add other travel essentials on your booking, alter or update the passengers’ details if you made a mistake, and exchange or refund your ticket if your plans changed. Qatar Airways manage booking is a tool that allows you to manage all of your reservations online.
Exchange Your Flight with Qatar Manage Booking
With manage booking section, you can change the flight to a different time, or find a flight for another date or reissue your booking to a direct flight instead of a connecting flight with the same departure and arrival points.
You can change your ticket online if you ordered it through qatarairways.com or through the airline’s contact centre and paid with a credit/debit card. In this situation, adjustments can be made for one or all of the passengers on the reservation. In addition –
- Passengers need to complete the change request up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. The online modification applies to all the passengers in the booking.
- Changes through Manage Booking section is not applicable under the following conditions –
- Bookings that include multi-city destinations/stopovers.
- The airport to which you intend to change is not the same as the one listed on your initial ticket.
- Special requests, such as pet transportation, cabin-seat luggage, etc, and so on, are included in the booking and must be processed through the Qatar Airways customer service at +1-877-311-7484.
- Reward/miles-upgraded reservations.
- This service is only available for unused bookings.
- The booking includes 10 or more passengers.
- Flight is operated by another carrier.
To know about the rules that you need to follow in order to change the flight, visit the Qatar Airways flight change policy tab.
Follow these steps to request the flight changes through the Qatar website –
- On the airline’s homepage select the ‘Manage Booking tab.
- Enter the reservation code (six-digit code) alongside the passenger’s last name.
- Once you access the booking, select the flight that you need to request the modification to.
- Select the ‘Change tab’ and now enter the new flight date/ time in the required field.
- Pick the new flight option, and check the required cost you need to pay.
- Complete the payment process, and the new flight option would be saved to your itinerary.
Request Refund for Cancel Flight Ticket
With Qatar Airways manage booking tab, you can cancel the flight and claim a refund, provided that you must cancel the flight up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. In addition, only those reservations can be cancelled online that were purchased through the airline’s website.
You cannot cancel the flight on the airline’s website if –
- The flight must be operated and marketed by Qatar Airways.
- Making a partial cancellation, you cannot request it online.
- Reservation that include 10 or more passengers
- Reservations that are ot ticketed are not eligible for cancellation.
- Passenger requesting the flight cancellation after the scheduled departure.
- Flight reservations that were purchased through cash or through a travel agency.
Check out all the guidelines before you cancel the flight reading the Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
Follow these steps to cancel the reservation through Qatar Airways manage your booking tool –
- Visit the qatarairways.com, and navigate to the Manage Booking section.
- Enter the booking details in the required field to retrieve the reservation.
- Select the flight that you like to cancel.
- Check to see if the flight segment you desired to cancel is eligible for a refund.
- Confirm your selection, and the airline will process the refund to the same credit/debit used at the time of booking.
Qatar Airways Name Correction on Ticket
On occasion, typos or misspellings in the guest’s name appear on the flight reservation. Name corrections are permitted in the following circumstances:
- Correcting a spelling mistake.
- For Chinese travellers, adding or omminiting an English name.
- Correcting assenger’s gender, title or date of birth
- Swapping passenger’s first name and last name.
Some errors, such as gender and contact information, can be corrected directly through the Qatar Airways manage trip section.
The name correction can be understood as the correction of a passenger’s first name, middle name or last name up to 3 characters. To know about the restrictions and guidelines apply while you correct or change the name, read the Qatar Airways name change policy.
On qatarairways.com submit your booking confirmation details and a copy of your identification card or passport to request a name correction. The steps include –
- Access your booking through the ‘Manage Flights’ section.
- On the flight summary page, select the passenger’s name that you like to correct.
- Enter the correct name in the required field.
- On the checkout age, pay the required fee to complete the request.
- The airline will send you a booking confirmation and the e-ticket with the updated passenger’s name.
Add Extra Baggage in Your Bookings
There are two ways to upgrade your baggage allowance –
Qatar Manage Bookings Section – You can pre-book your baggage through the My Trip section up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure, and save 50%. Remember it is always cheap to add your extra baggage allowance through the airline’s website. Once you pay for the extra baggage allowance, it is non-refundable.
Here’s how you can add the extra baggage through Manage Booking section –
- Vist the airline’s website and retrieve your booking through the Manage Booking section.
- Choose the flight segment, and click on ‘Add Baggage’.
- You can pay for baggage with the debit/credit card online. All charges for excess baggage are non-refundable.
You can only book 1 extra bag of up to 23kg online while flying to or from the United States or Canada. If you require additional baggage, you can pay for up to 32kg by calling the airline’s contact centre at +1-877-311-7484 48 hours prior to your journey and receiving a 50% discount.
At the Airport – If you didn’t pre-purchase your baggage, you can still buy it at the airport on the day of departure, but you’ll be limited to a 20 kg per passenger and you’ll be charged the current airport baggage fee.
Please note: If you checked in with heavier baggage after pre-booking it online, you will be charged an excess baggage cost for each additional unit of kg, which varies with the departure airport. It must be paid at the airport on the day of departure at the time of checking in.
To know more about the baggage rules and allowance, read the Qatar Airways baggage policy.
Qatar Airways Online Check-in
Through Qatar airways manage booking section you can complete the web check-in and get the boarding pass and seat selection through the airline’s website. The best thing about the wb check-in is –
- You can save time, and avoid the peak rush at the airport.
- You can get access to your boarding pass online.
Under the following circumstances, you can check in at the airport –
- If you didn’t choose a seat during the booking process, you can check in for free online between 7 days and 1 hour before your flight departs. You would be allotted a random seat.
- Qatar Airways must be a validating carrier.
- If you booked an Economy Class and selected a seat, you can complete the check-in up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- The reservation must not include a multi-city flight segment.
- The booking includes no more than passengers.
To know about the airlines’s check-in requirements, follow Qatar Airways check-in page.
Follow these steps to complete the online check-in process through Manage Flight section –
- Retrieve your reservation through the manage booking section.
- Select the flight segment, and hit the check-in button.
- Add seats, meals and any other travel essential for your booking.
- At the checkout page, you would be asked to print the boarding pass.
Use Qatar Air Manage Booking for Select or Upgrade Seats
You can pre-select a seat using the Qatar Airways Manage Flight section either free of charge or for a fee, depending on the fare rules associated with the booking. You can have at your disposal an interactive seat map to identify the favourite spot as you can select an extra legroom seat, exit row seats, or sitting next to your family or friends.
Alter Passenger’s Details with the help of Manage Booking
You can keep your contact details updated to streamline the communication with the airline when there is a delay, flight cancellation or any sort of disruption to your travel. With the Qatar manage bookings tab, you can edit your contact number, email address, emergency contact information, advanced passenger information, and much more.
How to Manage Booking in Qatar Airways?
With the Qatar airways’s My Booking section you can avail numerous travel essentials and add-ons to enhance your travel. Some of the benefits include –
- View and alter your flight details whenever or wherever you need before the scheduled departure.
- You can customise your travel online
- You will receive the alerts and notifications that are relevant to your booking.
- Plan and prepare for your trip easily.
- Save time and money spent at the airport.
Qatar Airways Manage Booking Online
On the airline’s website navigate to the My Booking section and start customising your booking at your own convenience. The steps include –
- Visit the Qatar Airways portal and select the ‘Manage Booking’ link on the homepage.
- Enter the booking reference and the last name in the required field.
- Here is what you can do n the Manage Booking page –
- Preview or email your itinerary.
- Update passengers details.
- Exchange or cancel the flight.
- Pre-purchase extra baggage.
- Pre-select a seat.
Qatar Air Manage Booking through Phone
In case you are not able to access the manage reservation tab online, you can also tailor your booking by seeking assistance from the airijne’s executive over the phone. Simply dial Qatar Airways contact number at +1-877-311-7484.
Qatar Airways Manage Bookings Fee
Get the detailed information about the fees, and any applicable fare difference related to your travel by availing the following services under the Qatar Airways booking manage tab –
|Manage Booking Services||Airline’s penalty (in USD)||Fare difference (if any)|
|Exchange your flight||250||Yes|
|Seat selection||Depend on the fare rule||No|
|Add hotel||Regular fare available with the airline||No|
|Add car rental||Regular fare available with the airline||No|
|Request Boarding pass||Free||No|
Manage booking is a feature of Qatar Airways online service that allows customers to manage their flight bookings. Customers can add or remove seats, choose preferred date and time preferences, upgrade their booking and many other actions.
Qatar Airways Manage My Booking – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Submit your review
In all of my years of travel, I have always had a great experience with Qatar airways and a terrible situation with other carriers, which I will not name because they are irrelevant to this discussion. I have never had any delays or cancellations. This time, I used qatar manage booking, and it was a fantastic experience. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to spend a little more for the pleasure. Though travelling is always stressful, the Qatar flight makes it a little easier.