Often, travelers are required to make modifications to their travel plans. One may have to change the date or time of travel. While others simply have to upgrade their baggage or seat preferences. Hence, a lot of activities may take place once a ticket gets purchased by the flyer. The United Airlines manage booking policy, therefore, covers every aspect of managing already booked reservations. Passengers can read the policy guidelines to learn about the different options of changing the tickets, how they can be done, and the fee needed to be paid for making those changes.
Reasons for United Manage Booking
Travelers may sometimes think about why they need to manage booking since everything is already finalized and paid. Well, even after making reservations beforehand, one may need to make more changes for ensuring a comfortable and smooth journey. To provide optimal customer experience, United Airlines, like most other airlines, includes a range of top-notch change services for its esteemed passengers. The following are some of the advantages under managing your tickets through manage booking facility:
- Travelers can simply avail themselves of my booking options to make their journey with the airline all the more exciting.
- The managed functions are set in such a way that passengers can easily manage or change their flight features and itineraries quite quickly.
- Managed flight booking is not only about making changes but it is also about making additions to the ticket. One may opt for meal additions, a seat with extra space, or extra baggage simply to make traveling comfortable and hassle-free.
- The change or additional facilities offered by United Airlines manage booking is unending. To know more about the exhaustive list of managed booking facilities offered to customers, one may reach out to the support team of the airline.
- Travelers can cost-effectively add comfort to their existing flight booking by purchasing some new additions from the airline. These extra facilities are usually available to the flyers at reasonable rates.
Facilities Under United Airlines Manage My Booking
There is a range of facilities offered under the manage booking segment of United Airlines. These facilities can include United Airlines flight change policy features, cancellation policy details, rebooking of the flight, etc. Based on the suitability of customers, they can select services of their choice. The following are some of the facilities covered by the manage booking segment.
- Flight Change/Cancellation with Manage Booking – Travelers quite commonly avail of this facility. When they face traveling uncertainties, passengers often have to change the date or time of the flight. Again, at times they have to cancel the flight booking altogether. Under such circumstances, United Airlines cancellation policy facility can be quite useful for managing booking of the passengers.
- Placing Requests for Refunds in case of Delayed and Canceled Flights – Flyers after canceling their refundable tickets often are eligible for refunds. From the “United Airlines Manage My Booking” segment, they can apply for a refund and confirm their process. Also, reimbursements or compensations can be offered when flights are canceled by the airline. In that case, also, an individual can apply for compensation through the manage segment.
- Rebooking of the Flight Ticket – Once a flight is canceled but the traveler is still interested to book another flight, he or she may apply for rebooking at United Airlines. By going to the United manage booking option, one can view the availability of different flights with their time of departure. Based on the time and the price of the flight, passengers can rebook a ticket.
- Requests for Special Services- One can make use of a managed booking option to add extra services to the tickets. For instance, passengers may include extra meals, add-on entertainment, and other on-flight facilities to get benefits from the special services offered by the carrier.
- Alter or Review Itineraries – Travelers might be in need of changing itineraries in case there is a change of plan. Often, it may happen that a passenger has already used the part of the booking but due to a sudden change of events, he or she is required to modify the itineraries. They can do so quite easily by accessing the website while sitting in any corner of the world.
- Change/Correct Name on Ticket – The name of the passenger is needed to be absolutely identical to the documents submitted as identity proofs. Therefore, the presence of a mistake or spelling error in the name can lead to a mismatch with the name mentioned on the passport or visa. Under such a situation, one may be detained from boarding. The ticket will be canceled without any refund even if the ticket is of a refundable type.
According to the United Airlines name change policy, it becomes important to fix the name spelling in case it is entered incorrectly. There are certain guidelines based on which the spellings of names can be changed. One can go through the name change policy of the airline in order to attempt the United manage booking procedure.
- Change Number of Passengers- This happens when several people are traveling in a group under the same booking reference number. Due to some uncertainty, not all passengers may ultimately be part of the group and their tickets are to be canceled or changed to some other dates. Again, it may happen that after consuming a part of the booking, some of the travelers have to get back to their destination point leaving others behind to continue with the trip. Under such conditions also, the booking details can be managed to make the necessary changes.
- United Airlines Manage Flight for Boarding Pass Printing- One may visit the website of the airline to download and get a printout of the boarding pass innumerable times. Passengers can do so at any point in time. One need not have to personally go to the airport ticket office or self-service kiosks to get a printout of their ticket. In case, a printout is lost by the passenger, he or she can download and re-print the copy of the printout without worrying about it being lost.
- Seat Selection and Upgradation- A traveler may find that the seat allotted to him or her may not be a comfortable one. Or, an individual may simply prefer a window-side seat. And, it may happen that after purchasing a ticket, a flyer who otherwise so desperately wants a window-side seat has got a seat at the aisle. In that case, he or she can simply go to United Manage My Booking and change the aisle seat to that with a window-side seat. However, for that, one may have to pay an extra amount as a change fee or price of the new seat. Seats can also be upgraded to get a new seat that has extra leg space. One can check the price of seats during the time of changing seats.
- United Airlines Manage Flight Status Check – The manage booking facility can also be used for checking flight status by the flyers. Passengers by checking the status will come to know whether the flight is operational or not. Or, there has been a delay and it has been rescheduled to another date or time. Even if a flight is being canceled, travelers can get an update on the status through the manage booking option.
Basically, United Airlines Manage My Booking is a useful feature, especially for those individuals who prefer to manage their ticket services on their own. Instead of calling customer support to seek their assistance, the self-serviced “manage” feature of United Airlines allows individuals to explore the various flight options on their own. This may include various ticket changes and cancellations.
Note: Passengers may get the benefit of checking in early at the airport via United Airlines check-in feature. This check-in feature can be accessed by navigating to the official website of the airline.
How to Manage United Airlines Bookings?
Travelers can try different ways to manage United Airlines bookings. Passengers can also upgrade their reservations by this option. For instance, if a passenger needs his United ticket or United upgrade to first class from the economy, he or she can do so by this managed booking feature. The most common method to make changes in the booking is by visiting the website of the airline. An individual can also book and manage reservations by calling the customer care center of the airline. Again, one can also visit the self-serviced airport kiosks or the ticket center for meeting officials in person.
General Steps to United Airlines Manage Booking Online
The official website of United Airlines can be visited to manage bookings. Here, one is needed to make use of the “Manage My Booking” feature. Using this feature can enable you to make relevant changes to your booking. The following are some of the easy steps that are to be followed by travelers to manage reservations:
- On any web browser, the official website of United Airlines is to be opened first.
- Then, one is needed to locate the “Manage Booking” segment. From there, a flyer should select the United Manage My Booking option.
- The next stage is to retrieve the booking. This can be done in two ways. A person can log in with the help of a registered user id and password. Or, can enter the first and last name of the passenger and the booking reference number to obtain the booking access.
- Once being able to access details of the reservation, travelers are required to select the booking, make modifications and then confirm the same.
- After the completion of the process, a confirmation mail is then sent to the passenger by the airline. The mail will be sent to that email address which is shared with the airline.
United Airlines Manage Reservation Via Customer Service
The customer service method is helpful for individuals who require assistance while managing flights at United. There can also be confusion regarding the prices applicable with the changes and such. Under such conditions, the team of United Airlines at customer service. would be the best possible guide. The following are the stages of United manage trip with customer service: +1-877-311-7484
- Passengers are at first required to obtain the correct phone number from the website. After going to the “Help” segment one may be able to get the contact details of the support team.
- After calling the support, they at first ask for the passenger’s name and also the booking reference number. It is only after they are able to access the booking details and after going through them, that they can help in clearing doubts about United Airlines manage bookings.
- Also, on placing a request, the air officials can manage your flight bookings on your behalf and confirm the required changes.
- For customer support, one may require to make payments under some applicable conditions.
- Once the managed booking is confirmed to be done, the individual can check the confirmation mail sent by the airline and check whether all the changes have been done carefully by the support team as requested by the passenger.
Fees for Manage United Airlines Flight
United Airlines most often do not charge a change fee on making certain changes with the booking. However, under certain conditions, the passengers may have to pay an extra change fee. The following are some of the highlights of fees that are generally charged under the United Airlines manage booking policy when you modify the booking:
- No change fees are needed to be paid for most of the Premium as well as Economy Class tickets for flights that travel within the U.S and from the US to other countries like Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Change fees under United manage trip are also not required to be paid for some of the international flights also. Especially flights that are originating from the US.
- Travelers with tickets, Economy, Economy Plus, United First, United Business, and United Premium Plus traveling in regions within the continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, and the Caribbean do not have to pay any fees.
- In case, the change fees are applicable, on average $200 can be charged for domestic flights while it may reach up to $400 for international flights.
Note: Travelers are requested to contact the airline officials to enquire about fees applicable for an existing booking. Sometimes, extra fees can be charged while carrying additional baggage. To know about the exact fees applied, United Airlines baggage policy can be of great help.
Benefits of Using United Airlines Manage Booking
One of the major advantages of managing reservations of United Airlines is that it can be done online. As a result of which one may make changes without wasting much time. Also, passengers need not have to travel to the airport ticket centers or the reservation centers in person. There are several other benefits that can be considered under booking your reservation with United:
- After the United Airlines booking is done, passengers can always view the booking details, the itineraries and make changes at any point in time within the valid date of departure.
- Often, passengers who frequently fly with United Airlines may also be offered many special perks or provisions. While booking reservations, facilities can be offered that would be exclusive to the customer.
- The payment also becomes quite easy with United Airlines manage your booking option. As everything works in an automated way, a passenger need not have to worry about the price charged or refund credited as it would be calculated by the system.
- In case of multiple changes done on the existing reservation, travelers may get confused or fall short of keeping track of past activities. In that case, for United Airlines manage bookings, they need not have to worry as information on every activity carried out to date can be stored under the reservation segment.
- The online management booking process undoubtedly makes the process not only easy but also systematic.
Conclusion: The airline follows an extremely customer-oriented United manage booking policy. The process of booking is straightforward and anyone can explore the online managed booking facility to learn about the various services offered. It is indeed a one-stop source of information based on which travelers can choose, change, add or even cancel bookings on their own according to their suitability and preference.
FAQs Related to United Airlines Manage Booking
Submit your review